Responsible gun ownership

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is why I don't go to public ranges anymore. Not to mention once you learn how a firearm functions, there really isn't much more you're going to learn at an indoor handgun range that's going to help you in a real-world situation. You're just shooting paper for the sake of shooting paper

You're surrounded by idiots, you can't practice drawing/reloading/reholstering, no failure drills, no timed firing unless you want the reject rangemaster to kick you out, etc.

Open fields at friends property for me

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
A dad killed his son by doing this a few years back...

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/us/florida-father-shoots-son/index.html

Clayton Brumby, 64, pulled the trigger while trying to fish a hot shell casing out of the back of his shirt, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office. The investigation continues, but there are no charges pending against the father, the department said in a statement Monday.

Clayton Brumby does not dispute the department's account and accepts responsibility for his son's death. He hopes the incident serves as a reminder to parents to be vigilant in anything they do with their children, bearing in mind that anything can happen despite the best intentions and preparation.

"The gun didn't kill my boy. I did," he told CNN.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
There are not many things on this planet that scare me, but going to public ranges really puts me on the edge, always. Incidents like this happen more times than you think too. I've had guys turn around and point loaded guns at me, without thinking. Had one guy walk into my range with a jammed weapon when no one was around and ask for my help, while pointing it at me.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
There are not many things on this planet that scare me, but going to public ranges really puts me on the edge, always. Incidents like this happen more times than you think too. I've had guys turn around and point loaded guns at me, without thinking. Had one guy walk into my range with a jammed weapon when no one was around and ask for my help, while pointing it at me.

Shouting would ensue. Totally the fuck cringeworthy.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

[MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]

We were at OnTarget a whiiiiiiiile back and this dude rents a pistol with his girlfriend and goes to the stall between Dan and I. Few minutes later the guy is fussing with it and eventually goes up to Frank with the slide back but holding the grip and pointing it at Frank saying "can you help?". We have no idea who this dude is. Dude loaded a round backwards and shoved the primer end into the chamber when it went to feed.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Shouting would ensue. Totally the fuck cringeworthy.

It would be like shouting at a 2 year old, some people really don't know better...

Most people i see shoot at public ranges have absolutely no clue what they are doing, many are first time gun owners, and they are too arrogant and stupid to take a basic firearm course that will teach you everything you need to know.

Don't get me wrong, i am 100% pro 2A, but there should be a mandatory course you need to take before you get your FOID card, or before you buy your first weapon.

[MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]

We were at OnTarget a whiiiiiiiile back and this dude rents a pistol with his girlfriend and goes to the stall between Dan and I. Few minutes later the guy is fussing with it and eventually goes up to Frank with the slide back but holding the grip and pointing it at Frank saying "can you help?". We have no idea who this dude is. Dude loaded a round backwards and shoved the primer end into the chamber when it went to feed.

:bowrofl:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
You've gotta wonder what the guy was thinking. Although he probably wasn't thinking.

I've made the mistake of shooting an AR15 at an indoor range while wearing a short sleeve shirt. You just have to grin and bear the pain when the hot shells hit your skin since jumping around like a monkey isn't going to help.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
@Lead Pipe @Outlaw

Shit is crazy!

I have yet to have anything too crazy like that happen to me at the range. A few guys were a little careless one time and instead of pointing down range all the time were sweeping with it but it was unloaded at the time.... Thankfully its when we were leaving and a range officer was on his way in...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You've gotta wonder what the guy was thinking. Although he probably wasn't thinking.

I've made the mistake of shooting an AR15 at an indoor range while wearing a short sleeve shirt. You just have to grin and bear the pain when the hot shells hit your skin since jumping around like a monkey isn't going to help.

Did the same my first time. Now it;s long sleeves but the brass catcher makes it a non-issue as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info