Good thing he made it to the side

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Was the visibility that bad that people were swerving at the last second? It seems to me that you should be able to see that car in the road unless it was coming around a corner or there was a car directly in front of you.

But I agree with everyone else, not too many reasons why that car couldn't limp to the shoulder with whatever momentum it had before it came to a stop. And I sure as shit wouldn't want to get out and push with those maniacs on the road.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Was the visibility that bad that people were swerving at the last second? It seems to me that you should be able to see that car in the road unless it was coming around a corner or there was a car directly in front of you.

But I agree with everyone else, not too many reasons why that car couldn't limp to the shoulder with whatever momentum it had before it came to a stop. And I sure as shit wouldn't want to get out and push with those maniacs on the road.

Not sure about visibility (corner,hill,etc). But its clearly early in the morning. And the car only has turn signal on. Id imagine most cars are doing 70-80 not even noticing that car is not moving. You approach a stalled car fairly quick. Then like you mentioned if your following someone or someones not paying attention you pretty hosed until last minute.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Shouldn't matter. I would hold him accountable for this fuckery. I hope his boss chewed him out for it. A simple minute of his time would have solved this. Turn lights on, push car to shoulder and drive away.
Exactly!! He's in a squad car, on duty or off, he could've made this situation better!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
is there something so catastrophically wrong with the car that it couldn't make it to the side, or is the driver so catastrophically a moron? my money is on the latter...

That's what i'm saying, i really can't think of very many failures that'd make it impossible to get your car to the shoulder when you're cruising 60+mph. Even if he lost power steering, at cruising speed it doesn't take much to move 20' to your right

What a fucking moron to let his car stall out in the middle of a freeway

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
That's what i'm saying, i really can't think of very many failures that'd make it impossible to get your car to the shoulder when you're cruising 60+mph. Even if he lost power steering, at cruising speed it doesn't take much to move 20' to your right

Look at rear wheels?

nD6UKP3.jpg

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Unless he was on the way to an emergency call, like a life threatening one, i would have that guy fired immediately...

Absolutely appalling to see a cop do something like that, which could of seriously injured or killed people, allowing a broke down car to just remain like that in the middle of an expressway.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John

See picture below. Yes there was a reason haha.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Not sure about visibility (corner,hill,etc). But its clearly early in the morning. And the car only has turn signal on. Id imagine most cars are doing 70-80 not even noticing that car is not moving. You approach a stalled car fairly quick. Then like you mentioned if your following someone or someones not paying attention you pretty hosed until last minute.

No, he had his hazards on. The car got hit within the first 10 seconds of the video on the driver side taking out that light.

I had a car straight up die on me on the highway in rush hour. Right in the middle lane on 53 in the woodfield area. I was freaking out thinking someone was going to hit me. I moved my seat back as far as I could and tightened my seatbelt just in case. Luckily one of those CVS Samaritan Vans was on the highway and saw me and pushed me to the shoulder.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
No, he had his hazards on. The car got hit within the first 10 seconds of the video on the driver side taking out that light.

I had a car straight up die on me on the highway in rush hour. Right in the middle lane on 53 in the woodfield area. I was freaking out thinking someone was going to hit me. I moved my seat back as far as I could and tightened my seatbelt just in case. Luckily one of those CVS Samaritan Vans was on the highway and saw me and pushed me to the shoulder.

Either way it looks like someone switching lanes from far away. And I would abandon ship real quick if my car was immobile like his ha. This is probably worse then rush hour since every one was flying in at high speed.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Either way it looks like someone switching lanes from far away. And I would abandon ship real quick if my car was immobile like his ha. This is probably worse then rush hour since every one was flying in at high speed.

Strapping in seemed like a better idea than playing frogger on 53 in rush hour. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info