Garage Flooring: What Do You Have?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Been looking at RaceDeck, SwissTrax and Professional Epoxy.

What's everyone's experience here? I'm leaning towards the RaceDeck as the FreeFlow tiles look quite interesting.

Example of Regular RaceDeck (Black & Grey) with some Blue FreeFlow tiles

ff-rbl-rd-ally-blk-water-heaters.jpg

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Why do we have Richthursdays?

In all seriousness I love a clean looking garage/garage floor I just cant see spending 2-3k on something I am going to drive on... But more power to you

I like the idea of it, BUT the one epoxy floor i worked on got slippery as hell when wet, and if you drop something heavy on it and if it chips then its game over it seems.

Cleaner, easier to maintain, looks nice.

With those FreeFlow tiles, water doesn’t pool up on top
Spill resistant? stuff like that?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They do get slippery. However most of the epoxy kits have a flake material that you can add at your discretion to help with this. I didn't like that look, so I did not. We have carpeted runners in the main walkway in the garage (we use the garage as the main entrance), so no issues slipping. The few times I have really slipped with wet shoes outside of the runners is with completely treadless crocs. My normal Nike ACG's, or work boots, etc, have very minimal issue.

As to chipping, while nothing will be perfect, it takes quite the heck of a lot to do serious damage. Rolling jacks around, mowers, snow-blowers, etc, it'll live up to that.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I like the idea of it, BUT the one epoxy floor i worked on got slippery as hell when wet, and if you drop something heavy on it and if it chips then its game over it seems.

Spill resistant? stuff like that?

Epoxy floors can have a traction additive mixed in.

Correct, all of these options are marketed as no-stain, so you can wipe shit up. My concrete is in pretty damn good shape currently so I'd prefer to not ruin it wit4h chemical/oil spills and whatnot.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Been looking at RaceDeck, SwissTrax and Professional Epoxy.

What's everyone's experience here? I'm leaning towards the RaceDeck as the FreeFlow tiles look quite interesting.

Example of Regular RaceDeck (Black & Grey) with some Blue FreeFlow tiles

ff-rbl-rd-ally-blk-water-heaters.jpg

I personally like the tiles. You can change colors and swap out tiles easier than having to deal with imperfections in the coating. I know you’re specific in what you like and the tiles are more your style.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I prefer epoxy laid down by professionals. I used the rustoleum but it peeled after 5 years where my tires sit. It was nice for $100 but I’m going industrial next

I don't really beat up my garage so it has worked out for me.
I also brought some carpet tiles home from work and park the car on them at the 4 corners to prevent hot tire pickup.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What does something like this run for a 2 garage if you don't mind me asking?

click the link brah

Flexi Tile by Perfection Floor Tile

Raised Coin Pattern 20.5" x 20.5" x 4.5mm

Sold by the Case 8, Tiles Per Case

Each Case Covers Approx 23.2 Sq Feet (Each Tile Covers 2.9 Sq Feet)

Âş Mold and mildew resistant

Âş Made from Virgin Polyvinyl that is carcinogen free material

Âş Commercially rated for heavy traffic

Âş Easy to clean and maintain

Âş Easy to install, loose lay over existing floor, no adhesives needed

Âş Can be used immediately - no downtime

Âş Lifetime Residential Warranty

Âş Made In USA!

Flexi-Tile raised coin pattern by Perfection Floor Tile is an attractive flexible yet tough interlocking floor tile which has been developed to provide an “instant” self laying floor surface, for use in a wide variety of residential and industrial applications. Used in areas like the garage, mud room, basement, home gym, playroom, or even wall to wall. Also used in warehouses, workshops, factories, retail stores, schools, gymnasiums, trade shows, showrooms, anywhere a great floor is needed. The original “jigsaw” profile is used on all four sides of the tiles and can be “locked” firmly together in a matter of seconds using only a rubber mallet. A complete floor can be laid, or lifted in a short time, without any need for expert labor or adhesives, thereby giving you significant savings in the total costs of a finished floor area. Easy to clean and maintain and last for years. For additional product details please visit our "Product Details" page.

say avg 2 car is 20x22 = 440 sq ft /23.22 sq feet per case = 19 cases * 72.39 per case = $1375.41 for that size garage in black or dark grey.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
click the link brah

say avg 2 car is 20x22 = 440 sq ft /23.22 sq feet per case = 19 cases * 72.39 per case = $1375.41 for that size garage in black or dark grey.

I clicked the link and didn't see any general figures for a 2 car garage. Figured I would just ask the question for conversations sake.

With that being said I would think this is a much better value of epoxy because of the ability to change out messed up tiles vs redoing the entire floor, longevity, ease of install, and ability for options.

I would probably choose the diamond pattern or the Commercial Smooth Textured Tile.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I prefer epoxy laid down by professionals. I used the rustoleum but it peeled after 5 years where my tires sit. It was nice for $100 but I’m going industrial next

I don't really beat up my garage so it has worked out for me.
I also brought some carpet tiles home from work and park the car on them at the 4 corners to prevent hot tire pickup.

I did the rustoleum as well, it held up good for a few years but several sections started to peel. My garage gets beat to hell with everything I do so I didn't expect it to last forever.

How do those tiles work with fluid spills? Does it trap it from getting to the concrete below it or does it leak through?

Thread Info