Kamado Grilling, picked one up

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
So I’ve been eyeing up a big green egg for a long time but have held off as they are pricey with accessories factored in. There are a ton of more affordable options out there but the one at Costco caught my eye as it can with all the basic accessories you’d need to start and was $600. Decided to pick it up yesterday and put it together. I’ll be smoking a ribeye roast and then reverse sear at the end. I’m doing a cure procedure right now. Hope this thing is worth the hype over my standard Weber charcoal round grill

Anyone else have one of these and have recommendations for accessories?

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
While the steak rested I removed the heat deflector and left the lid and vents open to build back up the fire. This thing is like a blast furnace. Seared all sides of the steak before bringing it in and put it in more foil. Temped at 140*. Time to eat. It was really good. The char was nice and crisp and the center was cool and knife cut through like butter. All in all, this was a very solid purchase. I will be using this as my primary.

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info