Runaway chair lift

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nobody can find the emergency "OFF" button?

yeah. i really don't think there is an off button for a runaway chair lift... it's already turned off. that's the issue. :rofl:

they need to have hit the brake. but once it got rolling that thing was worthless anyways.

i remember chair lifts around here having rollback protection but i dont know how/why it works.

Attachments

• 4f8.jpg
    4f8.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 154

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Famous words by Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap in regard to his amp going up to 11, applied to this ski lift...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
this has been a small fear of mine, drinking lots of beer on the ride up helps lol. There should be multiple braking systems and an anti-rollback device, its like a cam that drops in the big gear. This happened at Devils Head years ago, I read the brakes and the anti-roll back device all failed, wasn't a good day for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info