Anyone ever fight a relight ticket?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
This is what I found on AVVO.com (A website where you can ask a lawyer a question).

Avvo.com said:
Red light tickets in Illinois

I live in cook county in Illinois. Last year bunch of lawyers won a case and ton of money was given back to the general public about the red light tickets. Now I got a new one in the mail. I thought the red light cameras were removed and illegal to use. Should I pay it or try to fight?

Answer: They remain in place and the court case doesn’t affect yours.
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/red-light-tickets-in-illinois--3366862.html

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I love how the mayor of Chicago and people on his staff have received numerous tickets, and they just get thrown out.

I think one year Rahm had something like 56 red light tickets, and not a single one of them was paid. Apparently laws and accountability does not apply to those who put them in place, only us simple folk.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I love how the mayor of Chicago and people on his staff have received numerous tickets, and they just get thrown out.

I think one year Rahm had something like 56 red light tickets, and not a single one of them was paid. Apparently laws and accountability does not apply to those who put them in place, only us simple folk.

Rahm is a typical Jew

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ahh, the one at SB 59 and Smith. Not sure why there was the need for one there, but... I got one years ago in WeGo at 59 and 64 in the GTO really early on a Sunday morning. the SW corner turning from EB 64 onto SB 59.

1) They should give you a website where the video of it is, and you can challenge it. Try challenging it.

2) If you challenge and lose, go pay them the $100 in pennies. That's what I did. I went right to the WeGo PD, with my $100 worth of pennies and made them count it out. When the desk clerk (or whoever balked), I argued that it is still legal U.S. currency and that since they wasted my time with a B.S. non moving violation ticket like this, I was gonna get my satisfaction and waste their time watching them count it all out...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ahh, the one at SB 59 and Smith. Not sure why there was the need for one there, but... I got one years ago in WeGo at 59 and 64 in the GTO really early on a Sunday morning. the SW corner turning from EB 64 onto SB 59.

1) They should give you a website where the video of it is, and you can challenge it. Try challenging it.

2) If you challenge and lose, go pay them the $100 in pennies. That's what I did. I went right to the WeGo PD, with my $100 worth of pennies and made them count it out. When the desk clerk (or whoever balked), I argued that it is still legal U.S. currency and that since they wasted my time with a B.S. non moving violation ticket like this, I was gonna get my satisfaction and waste their time watching them count it all out...
Iirc someone was arrested for doing that a few years back. Not because of the pennies but because of the big argument it caused or some shit.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
A friend got one awhile back (up in EGV or somewhere) and on there it said pennies were not an acceptable form of payment. So they got wise to us assholes. :D

When I did it, it was probably 10 years or so ago. Yea, the desk clerk and the sergeant there were not pleased. But I stood my ground...

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I got one in Volo at 12/120. My light was red but intersecting traffic had the green arrow to turn left so I just California-stopped it since you know, there wasn’t any fucking traffic coming anyway. You’d think they would add a right arrow during the left arrow but hey, municipality doesn’t want to give up their cash cow.

Wrote “extortion” on the “for” line. I’m not 100% sure the check ever went through. :rofl:

Good luck fighting it, they have some retired fuck making 6 figures watching all the footage so they can say “an officer witnessed it”.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Did you go straight or turn right on red? If turning tell them you believed you heard an emergency vehicle approaching from behind so slowed enough to make sure it safe to turn and then proceeded to heed way to the emergency vehicle. Could work for straight too with some creative verbiage

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Post a link to the video.

Is your face clearly visible in the video? Can it be identified without a reasonable doubt who was driving.

If not, they don't have a leg to stand on. At least that's how I understand the law is supposed to work after studying various cases like this. They need proof that YOU were driving the car.

But this being IL, I wouldn't doubt if they have some provision for ticketing the car instead of the driver, or some other bullshit to get around due process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info