Movie hype you remember when you were a kid

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So I was bored last night (I don't have cable or internet at home) and I starting thinking about movie hype. The one that really sticks with me is Batman Returns. I remember being an 8 year kid and Batmania was every where. From bed sheets to happy meals to trapper keepers to pins, hats and t-shirts you couldn't get away from Batman that summer. For me it was awesome, I had to have everything Batman. Surprisingly I don't actually remember going to see the movie. I know I did but nothing really stands out in my memory. I still love watching Batman Returns, especially around Christmas time, since it is nostalgic to me. Seems like movie hype isn't the same today. Might be because I'm not an 8 year old kid or maybe the internet with 4 teaser trailers ruined it. To me the only movie that came close to the same hype was the Force Awakens. What's some movie hype you guys remember?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
teenage mutant ninja turtles (1990)

from the cartoon, to the BK video series, to the cups, action figures, cars, playsets, THE OOZ,

i had to have it all!

MV5BNzg3NTQ4NDk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMzNDg4NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,673,1000_AL_.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Meh, probably any of the sequels to Star Wars (Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) if anything. Otherwise, I'm not a big movie person in terms of "gotta get to the theater and see it..." kinda thing. I'd rather just wait until it comes out on DVD or one of the movie channels and watch it from my easy chair and avoid all humanity if possible.

Heck, I waited several weeks to see "the last jedi" just to avoid people.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

from the cartoon, to the BK video series, to the cups, action figures, cars, playsets, THE OOZ,

i had to have it all!

MV5BNzg3NTQ4NDk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMzNDg4NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,673,1000_AL_.jpg

The opening scenes from TNMT2, and just about every other Public scene when basically EVERYONE had a slice of Pizza in their hands. lol.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fantasia came out in 1940...

Sure did but oh WAIT

For its fiftieth anniversary, Fantasia returned to 550 theaters nationwide on October 5, 1990, in its traditional 1946 version including the live action scenes with Taylor and the original Stokowski score, along with an added end credits sequence. The film underwent a two-year restoration process which began after a six-month search to piece together the original negatives that had been in storage since 1946. This marked the first time since then that a release of the film had been processed from the original and not from a copy.[105] Each of its 535,680 frames were restored at YCM Laboratories,[106] and an untouched print from 1951 was used for guidance on color and tone.[105] Theaters were required to have specific stereo equipment installed, and to present the film in its original 1.33:1 aspect ratio with black borders on the side of their screens.[100][107] The Stokowski soundtrack was digitally remastered using the 1955 magnetic soundtrack, with an estimated three thousand pops and hisses being removed in the process.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

i had to have it all!

TMNT was everywhere, and I ate it up. Plus the 90 movie was actually really good and I think it still stands up. Ignore 2 and 3 though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info