Any insurance agents here, or know a good one in the area??

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Insurance won't cover my trailer anymore?? Anyone having issues with trailer policy??
Not exactly a common situation, but I know many others are in same boat.

I have 2 policy's same damn company!!! one for my corporation vehicles, 1 for stuff in my name.
Renewal was 1 Mar, so I call and ask where's the bill.
He says they now require the pulling vehicle be on the same policy??
So they would rather lose business for a trailer, which I have never made a claim in 30 years, and piss off a long time customer that has multiple vehicles for many years!!!
As a matter of fact, the John policy has never made a claim ever, the corporation policy had 2 that were caused by vehicles hitting one of my trucks.
One was an illegal alien with no licence & insurance, so they probably ate that one

Anyone else with corporate owned tow vehicles have trouble with their racecar trailers lately??

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
Never heard that to be the case. Sounds like your guy is just giving you a line of BS. The race car should be under agreed value & be a specialty company like Haherty, Grundy, or Condon & Skelly. The trailer doesn’t matter where it is insured, and neither does the towing vehicle. But can I ask a question, is this trailer used for more personal than business? How about the tow vehicle? That should be the deciding factor. Just FYI, I am a broker for many insurance companies & independent agent. If one company changes their underwriting guidelines, we can go to another company. We work with small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We also have personal insurance needs. Let me know if you would like to talk.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Never heard that to be the case. Sounds like your guy is just giving you a line of BS. The race car should be under agreed value & be a specialty company like Haherty, Grundy, or Condon & Skelly. The trailer doesn’t matter where it is insured, and neither does the towing vehicle. But can I ask a question, is this trailer used for more personal than business? How about the tow vehicle? That should be the deciding factor. Just FYI, I am a broker for many insurance companies & independent agent. If one company changes their underwriting guidelines, we can go to another company. We work with small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We also have personal insurance needs. Let me know if you would like to talk.
You know..... I never did get that quote I asked for many moons ago. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info