Bumble bans users from showing guns in their photos

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/bumble-bans-users-from-showing-guns-in-their-photos/

Forget about showing off your favorite firearm on your Bumble profile.

The popular dating app — famous for requiring women to initiate conversations instead of men — said it will no longer permit users to have guns in their photos.

“As mass shootings continue to devastate communities across the country, it’s time to state unequivocally that gun violence is not in line with our values, nor do these weapons belong on Bumble,” the company said in a blog post.

The dating app will direct its team of 5,000 moderators to review profiles and ensure there are no weapons present. Profiles found to violate the new rules will see the photos removed.

Members of the military or law enforcement will be allowed to have weapons in their photos, but only if they are in uniform.

The app will also not punish a user for having weapons in Instagram photos linked to their account, it said in the Monday blog post.

It’s not the first time that Bumble has banned certain images from its platform. Users are not allowed to post photos where they appear partially clothed, such as in bikinis or underwear.

giphy.gif

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Five

Thousand

Moderators.

i played around with some machine learning image algos, pretty lighly, and i gotta say it wouldn't be that hard to make something that identified a gun in the picture, and even if someone was wearing a military or police uniform (or something close enough to it to sneak by)

iirc the update screen 'asked for help' so i assumed it was mostly self-reporting stuff so i don't even know where this 5000 would come from, which does sound silly.

fyi for you fellas not in the no, bumble is supposed to be female friendly - mighta been started by an ex-tinder corp female, i forgot. but the woman has to make the first message, if it doesn't happen within 24 hours, the convo is deleted.

what is funny is how you will see women complain that men on apps have meaningless first messages like 'hey' all the time, and when women do it, it's basically the exact same thing, at least in most of my experience.

because they don't get as inundated, and they appear to have the algo put more attractive people first, you can find some amazing girls on that app like doctor hotties and such. so it is an app worth having for all us single fellas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info