What's a different/fun bday idea? for the wife

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
My wife's bday is coming up and I want to do something fun but also different.

Anyone have any ideas up by Grayslake ? I was thinking comedy club, or indoor skydiving place (but she probably won't do that). Anyone have any ideas? Want to avoid the whole normal date night and normal gift stuff. Last year we did an escape room which was a lot of fun. I got just over a week to do it

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Get a group of people and do an escape room.

Go carts, I have never met ANYONE that doesn't want to rip around the track for a few minutes at a time.

Whirley Ball (if you can get enough people) is stupid fun, nothing like good ol' drinking and driving.

Find an old 80s arcade like Galloping Ghost - if you're into that kinda stuff.

Archery Lessons - pretty legit and the wife loved it when we did ours, enough so that we had to buy bows after :rofl:

Find a PinStripes (not sure if there's any up north) and do some bocci / bowling.

Laser tag - bring out the teenager in each of you (not sure how old you are :rofl:)

That's all I got for now

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Get a group of people and do an escape room.

Go carts, I have never met ANYONE that doesn't want to rip around the track for a few minutes at a time.

Whirley Ball (if you can get enough people) is stupid fun, nothing like good ol' drinking and driving.

Find an old 80s arcade like Galloping Ghost - if you're into that kinda stuff.

Archery Lessons - pretty legit and the wife loved it when we did ours, enough so that we had to buy bows after :rofl:

Find a PinStripes (not sure if there's any up north) and do some bocci / bowling.

Laser tag - bring out the teenager in each of you (not sure how old you are :rofl:)

That's all I got for now

We have an archery lesson the day before her bday. She got that for me for xmas.
I wanted to do a surprise party but she only has a few close friends and they are all busy except for one of them. So the group thing is kind of out which sucks.
I would of loved to do bubble soccer or tag archery. I thought about the go karts.
It would likely be me, her, sister, brother in law and maybe 2 friends. The rest of her friends won't be around. :lame:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That looks cool! But nothing coming up (at least nothing with shrimp and seafood) which she could die from. Damn allergies.

BRO. ONE WEEK OUT.

spots available.

RezClick - Lake Geneva School of Cooking: Classes

STEAKS, CHOPS, AND SAUCES

Nothing is more comforting than the aromas of a great steak, chop, or roast served with classic sauces.

Familiar dishes are redefined to include deliciously unexpected presentations. A great foundation class, this "hands-on" cooking experience is full of deep, rich flavors, and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!

Enjoy a Sparkling Wine Reception with Parmigiano Popovers as Chef introduces himself and goes over the nights menu and demonstrates some basic cuts and important safety techniques before getting broken up into teams.

Then let the "hands-on" cooking begin as you slice, dice, chop, laugh, and dance while each team creates a delicious dish from the four-course menu under the guidance of Chef and the staff.

After all the cooking is done, everyone will sit down for a fine dining experience with a gourmet meal that you helped create.

it's a FUCKING RIOT.

ive done it 4 times now i think, it's insanely fun.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I posted in 2007 for another member and it still applies.

Fly to New York City or Miami with only a wallet/purse in hand. Have a limo pick you up at the airport and go straight to dinner.

From there, hit the town with a bang.

Buy a new set of clothes on Sunday, eat lunch out at some cafe/restaurant looking over ocean and then fly back.

If that does not get you in her ass, I do not know what will.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
CHSqLLb.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Mackinac Island have anything going on now? Women dig that place.

https://www.mackinacisland.org/

Nope. Looks like they don't get going until end of April. Stupid northern climate.

You could always fly down here and take her to Disney or one of the bazillion Florida entertainments.

How about renting a houseboat for a weekend?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info