How did you get a whoopin as a child?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
It depends who was doing, but by far the most whoopins I got we're by the hand of grandma. She'd beat our asses...

Her main weapons cache included;

Metal end of fly swatter(FUCK)
Wooden spoon(she was a awesome cook btw)
Lincoln logs(after we threw them and hit the walls)
Vacuum packed summer sausage(this happened once when she held both me and my cousin down and that's all she could grab)

Other methods were bars of soap in the mouth after cussing and then when we'd really be little shits she'd tie us up to a chair outside with a bedsheet and told us when 'the good boy was ready to come inside he can"

My mom also hit me with a bat once, but to be fair it was the foam covered one....

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think I got the belt just once from my dad. I dont remember why, I think I may have dropped an f bomb at my mom...I was young. It put the fear of god in both me and my sister going forward. He never laid a hand on me again after that. Didnt have to :rofl:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Damn, where to start.

Belts, specifically the buckle end.
Thick-cord dog leashes
Putting my hands on the stove in the burners for playing with matches. Bad burns followed
Glass bottles and beer cans whipped at me
TV Remotes, Irons, pots/pans tossed at me

This was pretty much a daily occurrence. Should I have acted out, I would have, and was, hospitalized several times.

My brother preferred more natural methods and having about 40LBS on me at the time, close-fisted my face, slammed me against the asphalt, choked me out, all on the way to school. Worse if I told my parents he beat the ever living fuck out of me. Hard to not notice black eyes, cuts on the face, etc.

Grand parents weren't bad. I would get a smack on the ass if I misbehaved.

Glad that part of my life is over.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Damn, where to start.

Belts, specifically the buckle end.
Thick-cord dog leashes
Putting my hands on the stove in the burners for playing with matches. Bad burns followed
Glass bottles and beer cans whipped at me
TV Remotes, Irons, pots/pans tossed at me

This was pretty much a daily occurrence. Should I have acted out, I would have, and was, hospitalized several times.

My brother preferred more natural methods and having about 40LBS on me at the time, close-fisted my face, slammed me against the asphalt, choked me out, all on the way to school. Worse if I told my parents he beat the ever living fuck out of me. Hard to not notice black eyes, cuts on the face, etc.

Grand parents weren't bad. I would get a smack on the ass if I misbehaved.

Glad that part of my life is over.

Holy shit. Do you still talk to your family? Lol

That sounds awful

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My Dad wasnt around so it was on my Mom.
She would beat us with anything that wasnt tied down including closed fists.
Her main weapons of choice though was this fucking wooden paddle or a wire hangers.
The paddle was solid wood, probably 16" long, 5" wide and 3-4" thick. My brothers and I finally had enough of that shit. Found it one day while she was at work and got rid of it, lol. My middle brother decided to go live with my Dad at like 12yrs old. he got arrested for some dumb shit and I watched my Dad put my brothers head thru a fucking wall. The wall was plaster and latt so I know that shit had to hurt. My brother moved back in with us shortly after, lol.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My Mom...

- Belts
- Tennis racket busted over my ass
- Wiffle ball bat (broke that too)
- Plates thrown at me (when I wouldn't do dishes)
- Soap. Became quite the expert on soap. Also, word to any youth reading this. Don't eat potato chips right after enjoying a bar of Irish Spring...

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was a little of a problem child. So I got it regularly, at least when she was around I got the reprimandation. She did work 3 jobs (single mother supporting two kids), so my butt had time to heal and for me just to find more trouble and hopefully things that she wouldn't find out about.

I got good at forging her name on school documents, government stuff, etc... Heck, I even forged her name to get my drivers license at 16.

Once I was an adult and out, I share with her all the shit I did and she just has a good laugh.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
My dad used the belt most often, once the V belt off the car he was working. Man the neighbors got entertainment that day.

My mom didn’t punish us much but my older brother didn’t know how to stop so he got beat often. Her favorite was the old wooden coat hangers. I got smacked with those a few times and I would rather have my dad’s belt.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Holy shit. Do you still talk to your family? Lol

That sounds awful

Yes.

It was mainly my mother that beat me, along with my brother and my uncle. My Dad was more strict and normal about discipline and would smack my ass with his giant ring on and call it a day.

This was around the time she was still heavily high on drugs or alcohol.

My brother was just a really bad, angry kid.

Still see both parents, but, haven't seen my brother in over 10 years and part of me doesn't care if he is alive or dead. He did try to kill me twice as a kid as he wanted to be the only child. This was told to our family therapist during a session and he had eyes like the devil. Ha.

This did kind of fuck me for life a bit, and it is a daily challenge to not want to lose my shit over the dumbest things ever.

All good though man, haha.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Just the good ol fashion hand and belt, if it was not too bad of a thing that I did mom deliverd, if I was real bad I had to wait for dad to get home from work, luckily he worked 6 12’s most of my child hood then came home and ran a boat business out of garage age till midnight most nights, he didn’t have much time for whoopins

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info