Car jacking results in K9 take down

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Here’s how hard that dude got bit: just saw a news release from the PD that the dog lost all its top and bottom teeth behind the canines during the struggle. Poor pooch was in surgery last night.

the air time that dog got beforehand was awesome

From what I was reading, and from what I see on the video, the dog superman jumped, but also hit the curb. Im guessing thats where most of the damage to his teeth came in.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il

open-uri20150422-12561-d6mjnk_20e42018.jpeg

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
looks like the dog wasnt letting go. looked liek the cop was trying to pull him off.
most departments, mine included, mandate a hard lift off. Thats where you essentially grab the collar and lift the dog off the bite so there is no chance of other cops getting bit or the offender getting drilled again.
Im going with a KNPV dog for sure, those are the only bastards that hit like that.
Sad to hear the dog was injured. Hopefully, the dog is ok. I wonder if that will end his career or not?
Probably not, they will cap the canines with titanium, which is what they did with mine.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
looks like the dog wasnt letting go. looked liek the cop was trying to pull him off.
actually I watched the video now after the initial hit, ya the duration of the bite is going to get the cops nuts in the ringer. Number one repetitive issue with highly driven work dogs, getting them to let go of shit. Even the most obedient dogs who have no issues with a verbal out in training, it gets hairy on a real street bite. Thats just the kicker, its the only thing we just cant simulate in training is an actual bite. On a street bite you are trying to grab your damn dog and there are usually 3 other cops screaming at the offender and the dog cant hear a damn thing when you tell him to let go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info