Oklahoma - Female Clerks in gunfight against armed robber

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Just looking at this objectively:
1-They should have on body carried. Sorry, just true. He focused on the register way too much and it would have been an easy stop him at that point.
2-Wrong gun for the job. Subcompact pistols are a compromise in usability and size, and that revolver looks like a K-frame S&W to me. I don't mind that as much, but A G19 or G17 with more capacity would have been a better choice at least compared to the subcompact. Not to say the other guns didn't get the job done. and most importantly they had a gun.
3-she should have NEVER stopped pointing her gun at him. That's how he was able to get it away from her. If it was empty she should have kept away from him and sought cover from her coworker and/or reloaded. She wasn't as the perp got off at least a shot, and I suspect there was one more in the gun.
3A-Distance is super important, she let him get super close and that was a huge mistake. She needed time to shoot him again if he got closer.
4-She should have stayed out of her coworker's cross fire. She was real lucky she didn't get hit her self.
5-They dropped 5 round that I count in him assuming the ones off camera hit. I'm not sure of caliber on the wheel gun but I'm guessing it's a .38 Special. He took up to 3 rounds from it, and 1-2 from the subcompact and was still going for some time.

Overall they achieved the primary objective which is to get out in one piece, but they could have done better with it. There was certainly a bit of luck involved with it as well as being prepared to defend themselves.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info