Cat Owners, chime in on pet superiority

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Cats are better than dogs in the fact if you have to go out of town for a weekend, you leave the cat with a bowl of food, a bowl of water, and a clean litter box they'll be good.

If you have a dog you need to have someone come over and let them out, they would eat the entire bowl of food after you leave and then be starving the rest of the time, etc.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
nBShlQL.gif

giphy.gif

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I like both, and have had both. Dogs are cooler to have because they have a wide variety of emotions and interact with you more. Cats for the most part are sociopath assholes. They don't give a shit about anything and would claw your face up if it got them something they wanted. Though there are a few really good ones.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
half the dog owners seem to not train or even encourage their pet's poor behavior. i suppose this is more of a problem with the owner nonetheless seems quite commonplace unfortunately for the doggo. worst is in pupperinos with dog mommies who encourage little shits bad behavior because it's soooo kyuuuuute ^_^

kittay is self cleaning independent hunting unit. if clawed indoor cat was left outdoors for a month it would generally kill shit and rock on, while most doggos would have to rely on the kindness of strangers. some of those pupperinos would die just from a strong wind and some shivers.

cat not licking my face or acting a fool cuz i've been gone 5 minutes is a plus.

cats are way better at computers and the internet. last week i outsourced my entire tuesday workload to mine.

well behaved doggos with good owners are nice, but cats are more awesomer

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Had a cat once. Then when my ex got pregnant, she went bonkers and pissed everywhere and started pouncing on my fetus daughter. She went faster than the Hansen brothers' career cause I am not putting up with bullshit assholes whos survival depends on me and not the other way around.

Her mom was a bitch too. She laid on me one night on the couch watching tv. So I started petting her. 2 minutes later, she out of nowhere just bit me and I was surprised so I jerked my arm up and she held on and went flying into the air. She had done other things but that was the final straw for mom. Off to the first shelter I could find. NFG if it was a kill or not.

IMO, cats are room mates who dont pay for shit and might grace you with their presence. Dogs are companions.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I just hate that cats are usually vindictive assholes.

cat - "I didn't like the way he put my food dish down. When he goes to work I'm gonna piss in one of his drawers"

cat "Fucking pet me and make me happy. So that 8.3 seconds into you petting me I can scratch the shit out of you."

Cats are like those females you dated that are independent and don't want you around when you want to be with them. That is until they want something from you. haha

Dogs have been scientifically been tested to be the only pets that truly miss you. Like tested in an MRI. Look it up. haha

Cats are convenient for sure. Having a dog is like having a child, you have to be there for them. Unless you have them trained to go outside on their own, and not overeat when you leave them food for a couple of days.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ohh shit. I forgot about the whole declawing argument. Was it here or somewhere else I had a discussion about declawing a cat?

Either way, you wanna live for free? I like my furniture and my face in tact. Claws are coming off and Ill keep feeding you. Deal? Besides, when you start batting at my face with your declawed fronts, its just kinda cute and it makes me like you a little bit more.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I love both cats and dogs. I've had a lot of both growing up.

Cats are by far easier to maintain. Dogs are better for obvious reasons, but, cats are "cuter" if you will.

One thing I despise are certain dog owners. The type of dog owners that throw the dog's shit in other peoples garbage cans. The type that doesn't clean up after their dog. The other type that lets dogs run around in populated public, wide-open areas without a leash. The types that don't care if their dog growls at someone walking by and isn't on a leash.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Ohh shit. I forgot about the whole declawing argument. Was it here or somewhere else I had a discussion about declawing a cat?

Either way, you wanna live for free? I like my furniture and my face in tact. Claws are coming off and Ill keep feeding you. Deal? Besides, when you start batting at my face with your declawed fronts, its just kinda cute and it makes me like you a little bit more.
I just meant it as I want them having the tools they need to kill things since they will be spending a lot of their time outdoors.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I think it really depends on the personality of the cat or dog.

Our cat has a great personality. Not a ton of the asshole cat qualities (will occasionally knock stuff off of counters, but its more for attention). Our cat loves to come sit on your lap and just be petted, or just sit there. He's very talkative, and loves to meow and purr. He's super socialable and loves to come and meet people and headbutt them into petting him. Only thing that REALLY bugs me, is that he must sleep on top of a human (whether it be me or my girlfriend.) Last night he just kept going back and forth, and kept waking me up.

The dog on the other hand is a maniac at times (3 year old lab will be that way though). He's not super well trained, but enough to get him to do basic command stuff (not entirely my fault as I came in later, and didn't start with training him.) We take him to the dog parks in Lake County to let him run out some of that energy, but the dude will definitely just keep running circles until he dies, if he's left to his own devices. He'll also eat ANYTHING. We keep him on a strict diet (seriously, this fucking dog is gluten intolerant, yuppiest fucking dog I swear) so we keep his weight in check, as that's a common issue in labs.

But I'll echo what at least another has said. When it comes to going on vacation or somewhere, the cat is easy, we just set someone up to come feed him once a day, and he's good. The dog either has to be boarded or we bring him along with ALL of his shit. Fold up crate, toys, food, etc. I swear he brings more shit than I do. Then when you get to the place, I feel bad if we leave him in the crate for nearly an entire day, when he could've been at the boarder playing with other dogs. So you end up not doing what you want on your vacation because you want to me with the dog. Our dog does travel REALLY well though. Will sit in the back seat looking out the window, or just lay down without a peep for the entire trip. We let him out while getting gas or food, but he's a fucking champ in the car.

I've always been a dog person, hands down, no way in hell I would ever get a cat. Our current cat has swayed me into possibly getting another IF the personality is right.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

this isn't really humane and is illegal in many countries actually. if you give your cat things to work on that you want them to scratch you're pretty good. even if you don't, they usually don't substitute your face

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info