? Registering a Car in Illinois that is not in Illinois.... ?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just make sure you're out of the Milwaukee or Madison area as they also have emissions testing.

Also, I don't know that you can use a PO Box as a legit address. It actually needs to be a regular address.

Vehicle location
Vehicles customarily kept in one of the seven southeastern Wisconsin counties of Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington and Waukesha.

you don't need a Wisconsin address.

i receive my renewal at my house in mchenry for wisconsin registration.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Well I also had to get base stickers and in order to get them, you basically had to do the whole Cali registration process without actually finalizing the registration. So, he MIGHT be ok. Just forewarning.

I kept my mother's old cars (when she'd get a new one), which were registered in Wussyconsin, here in Illinois for awhile until we decided to sell them. I would just go up there to get the emissions tested when necessary and pay them and come back, no one was none the wiser.

you don't need an address.

i receive my renewal at my house in mchenry for wisconsin registration.

Your house is a regular address is it not? Although being in Illinois, that is odd.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I kept my mother's old cars (when she'd get a new one), registered in Wussyconsin for awhile until we decided to sell them, here in Illinois. I would just go up there to get the emissions tested when necessary and pay them and come back, no one was none the wiser.

In WI or IL? Sure I understand that and agree with you. He's dealing with Kommiefornia. It's an entirely different world out there in regards to registration and emissions. That's why I brought it up because I had to deal with it.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Thanks yall for the feeback.....

1. I dont see myself registering it in wisconsin
2. Im counting on Illinois not asking me to take a emission test here....I dont have to worry about that right?

which were registered in Wussyconsin, .

He's dealing with Kommiefornia. .

yall are killing me! ;)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I kept my mother's old cars (when she'd get a new one), which were registered in Wussyconsin, here in Illinois for awhile until we decided to sell them. I would just go up there to get the emissions tested when necessary and pay them and come back, no one was none the wiser.

Your house is a regular address is it not? Although being in Illinois, that is odd.

Dear God.

My truck

Has Wisconsin license plates

The application, and renewal, both were completed with my Illinois address.

I did not put any Wisconsin address on the registration form whatsoever

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Thanks yall for the feeback.....

1. I dont see myself registering it in wisconsin
2. Im counting on Illinois not asking me to take a emission test here....I dont have to worry about that right?

yall are killing me! ;)

Depends where you are in Illinois, you may need emissions testing depending where you register it.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Dear God. What are you getting worked up for? I made a simple comment because having worked for a fleet management company, registering thousands of vehicles some states are VERY stingy about things like this and in some cases ask for proof of residency and both Illinois (for taxation reasons), and Wisconsin have been very particular about it's registration.

Other states that I can recall being a PITA to deal with

-New Jersey
-California
-Louisiana
-New Mexico

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Dear God. What are you getting worked up for? I made a simple comment because having worked for a fleet management company, registering thousands of vehicles some states are VERY stingy about things like this and in some cases ask for proof of residency and both Illinois (for taxation reasons), and Wisconsin have been very particular about it's registration.

Other states that I can recall being a PITA to deal with

-New Jersey
-California
-Louisiana
-New Mexico
Because you keep going off on tangents with information that has nothing to do with what I personally experienced in what I have already done :rofl:

You for whatever reason just weren't getting it so I had to break it down.

I'll break it down further.

When I got my truck, I got in my vehicle, drove my happy lil butt directly to the dmv

I filled out their registration forms using my McHenry Illinois address.

I left there with Wisconsin license plates for my new to me truck.

I have received renewal notices, at the address I provided, in Illinois,

My GTP is registered similarly as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info