3D printed subframe

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
iYOXpB3.jpg

Granted it's only plastic and not actually on a car... Cool nonetheless. Also, ignore the audio. Just posting for the cleanliness and cool factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHGCIa07PM

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
They have the ability to 3D print metal now. Koenisgsegg was 3D printing turbo's I believe, allowing for better design

They've had that ability for a long time, Koenigsegg was printing their turbo exhaust housings in like 2014 or something like that. They weren't able to cast a more efficient housing so they being awesome, got a 3-D printer.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
They've had that ability for a long time, Koenigsegg was printing their turbo exhaust housings in like 2014 or something like that. They weren't able to cast a more efficient housing so they being awesome, got a 3-D printer.

Wow, didn't know it was back in '14. Thought it was more like a couple years ago. Anywho, that's exactly what I was referencing. I do like Koenigsegg for thinking outside of the box, and trying things and implementing things that almost no other manufacturer would even dream of.

I'm still waiting for my camless engine.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
That is going to open the doors to so many things with the combustion type engine. Infinite different cam profiles to maximize power and economy, it will be amazing.

Just imagine a turbo or even twin-charged, camless, dual fuel engine. You could run that thing SO many different ways for power or efficiency. Long duration, short duration, overlap, completely disengaging valves and injectors, hell you could even run it like a diesel and use compression ignition (I believe Mazda is working on that for gas engines now).

In the same engine you could have something that could get 40MPG to something that's a complete screamer with 300 HP+ out of minimal displacement. I'm actually surprised that Koenigsegg is only seeing minimal efficiency gains with their testbed, but then again, they are using it on a NA engine, where I think a boosted engine would benefit much more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info