Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So we got snow last night. Everyone got varying amounts. The neighborhood I live in has an association...the fee goes towards snow removal. Most of the time, driveways dont get cleared and they dont clear the streets till morning (doesn't bother me, I can drive though 2 inches of snow). Other times, they come around 4am to clear everything out with either workers or someone in a bobcat.

Well, last night they had a bobcat smashing around the street from 1-3am. ZERO regard for noise control. Smashing the concrete, smashing on driveways, idling in front of houses, it was absolutely ridiculous.

So I hop on Nextdoor this morning to basically say the noise is bullshit (I said it nicer) for 2am and that I was displeased. Apparently the person who either does the removal or is the company hired to do so is on the app and replied saying basically its lose lose for him b/c people complain if they do it overnight and they complain if they wait till morning. Then he suggested I should move to Florida.

I basically replied that in the past they've done this at 430/5 when its not the dead middle of the night and that maybe they should recognize that at 3am, people are sleeping on a Monday and bashing around in a bobcat causes a huge amount of noise. I also closed by saying Florida sucks.

Should I be bitching about the noise?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So because I pay for a service (technically I rent so I can only assume its rolled into my rent), I should look the other way when its shit service? Thats like saying I went to a fancy restaurant, the waiter was terrible but I should leave him a good tip anyway.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
that's tough.

it's messed up that snow removal guy is going to battle with you and suggested you move to florida :rofl:

holy unprofessional
I agree with this, dude is pissed off he shouldn't be on next door looking for fights
So because I pay for a service (technically I rent so I can only assume its rolled into my rent), I should look the other way when its shit service? Thats like saying I went to a fancy restaurant, the waiter was terrible but I should leave him a good tip anyway.
Was the removal done shitty or is it just the time of removal?? Now I'm confused. If they worked for 4hrs and it looked like piss then ya I'd be angry

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I mean, I get where both are coming from. He may have other contracts he needs to take care of, and the complex drew short straw for middle of the night service. Maybe the other contracts complained enough where he had to move yours to middle of the night :dunno:

Tough situation. But agreed, SUPER unprofessional coming out swinging after a complaint.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
He's right though... (not the Florida part)

People complain regardless. You wait until later on, people complain it's not done yet (and some complain about noise still). You do it early, noise complaint or have to come back a 2nd time because it was still snowing.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
We had the same snow removal super late, I think I got woken up once at like 2am from them hitting my door with their shovel and pissing off my dog. It is what it is. I've operated skid steers as well and when you got those things going 100% it's tough to gently do anything, especially when you're in a hurry to get shit done.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, rich, try doing a complex or even a tight parking lot with a truck and get back to me :rofl:

town-of-paris-oshkosh-v.jpg

[MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] snow removal up in dis bitch

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I'm sure this area is not their only account. That might cause the varying times they do come and plow.
That being said, this is a residential area and like construction start times it should have a no sooner than time. It's not a company parking lot that is closed and they have to have it done before workers arrive the following day.
For that I would be fine with no sooner than 5am. At that point if you wake up, oh well. Most people are already getting going for the day around that time.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
and had he dont it at 5 am, im sure there would be someone else bitching at him that he woke them up early or some shit like that.

Or the early risers bitching there was equipment in the way when they were trying to go to work.

It's a lose/lose/lose/lose situation for everyone at any time, always.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
skid steers are pretty clutch for subdivisions and complex's like [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]s because they are 100x more maneuverable than a truck.

This. Trucks are sometimes WAY too ungainly for some of the smaller subdivisions/townhouse/apartment complexes. Skid steers are fucking miracle workers, being able to turn on axis and the small footprint and TONS of lifting potential. Give me a skid-steer over a plow truck for the small complexes every time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info