Movie Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Random factoid of the day.

Barbara Bain, the actress who played Cinnamon Carter in the original Mission Impossible series also played Dr. Helena Russell in Space 1999. Her real life husband was Martin Landau who was the main character from that show.

958de5e374c499486f0821c8b8685a60.jpg

Helena-Russell-Space-1999-Barbara-Bain-a.jpg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Random factoid of the day.

Barbara Bain, the actress who played Cinnamon Carter in the original Mission Impossible series also played Dr. Helena Russell in Space 1999. Her real life husband was Martin Landau who was the main character from that show.

Wow, I did not know that. Used to watch Space 1999 all the time back in the day.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ok. Just got back. This movie was quite a bit different from what I was expecting. Here is my cliff notes review.

The movie was VERY light on dialog. I was a bit shocked. But also not all that disappointed. This is one of those movies that the plot is laid out right away, and then it just takes off. It doesnt really have time for idle chit chat or bullshit one liners. Because of this, the lines that were spoken, felt more natural, more in the moment appropriate (to me at least). It was also slightly darker....not in the sense that you would think...it just had a more serious tone.

The movie also got rid of most of the stupid crap like constant mask switching, crazy high tech gadgets, etc. This felt far more like a try spy movie rather than a "lets cram a bunch of fake tech into it". I liked that. Gave the film a more authentic feeling.

But lets get right to it...the action scenes were incredible...from the opening bathroom scene to the incredible final act, top notch. All the actors involved and did a great job....which brings me to Henry Cavill.

I still dont believe Cavill is a good actor BUT he was the perfect person for the role he played. His on screen presence always commanded your attention and everything from his walk down to small mannerisms were believable...not a good dialog actor but he makes a great action star.

Cruise, as always, was on point. The dude knows how to entertain and he didnt hold back. Wouldnt be shocked if this was the last MI, especially based on the ending and the fact that his body HAD to have taken a pounding this go around. I would be perfectly happy with this being the end.

Overall, its one of those movies that needs to be seen on the big screen. I very much enjoyed it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My first thought after watching is Wow. 3 movies worth of action crammed into 1. I give this a 5 stars for the action alone.

Plot and some of the lines take a star away. It's an OK plot, not a great one. A bit too messagey and coincidental. Bad guy was too devious to be totally believable.

All in all a great movie. As I mentioned, the action is the high point. The car chases, for instance, had some killer driving. The helicopter scenes were insane.

It's worth watching just to see Alec Baldwin get it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
This felt far more like a try spy movie rather than a "lets cram a bunch of fake tech into it". I liked that.

That's one small thing that bugged me about these movies. I'm glad to hear about them getting away from the 'fake/futuristic' tech that made a lot of the 'impossible' things more possible. The films never disappoint, but some of the tech was just too unbelievable.

I always chuckle when in Ghost Protocol, the Russian general that Ethan impersonates looks like Tom Cruise with a big nose and a mustache.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info