Gaming Subnautica

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Well, I've been playing this game for a total of 11 hours so far and it's getting pretty good.
It starts off slow and it's hard work gathering resources and scanning for blueprints.

Warning, may contain spoilers:

I found a couple islands, including one that has a big alien structure with a cannon on top that shot down my rescue ship.

Just about an hour ago, I was investigating a downed escape pod that was pretty deep and found a big underground cave that goes even deeper. I had to carefully pilot my Cyclops through this cave through a very dangerous area full of lava oozing out of the walls. It was a harrowing experience but suddenly, I discovered another big alien structure in the middle of this huge, deep underground cavern.

I'm about to go inside. Wish me luck!

I honestly probably wouldn't have even given this game a look if Shadow99 didn't post here about it.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Well shit, I needed a blue key to get inside that alien structure which I didn't have. It took me another 6 hours of searching before I finally found it.

It's inside of some alien Thermo Plant deep inside another cavern and it was a bitch to find.

Anyone know where to find the shield upgrade for the Cyclops? I really could use it but can't find it anywhere. Some of those more aggressive sea creatures down deep will fuck up your shit.

One complaint that I have about this game is that it's not readily apparent what you need to do, or what the next steps you should take are. You really need to consult Wiki's during the game to figure things out as you go.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Gotta admit, all that resource collecting gets old after a while.

Try this while in the game:

- Press the F3 key (brings up some kind of stats window)
- Press F3 again (closes window)
- Press the tilde key (brings up command prompt)
- Type "nocost" and hit enter

Now there is no resource cost to anything and you can just build shit. Makes the game a bit more fun IMO. You still need to search for blueprints and fragments though.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
You literally have to explore the area and you uncover shit to do. Whether its exploring wrecks, finding escape pods, and looking for data. Also check your radio a lot and itll give you things to do.

Those purple tablets you can actually make if you get the green cubes inside the alien base. Also on that island with the alien gun you can find some tablets on the ground.

Im 25 hours deep into the game and just did 3 hours prior to this. I found the "lost river". I fucking died inside it because I (spolier)>>> caught flu like systems from alien base. So I started dehydrating faster, and died because I didnt have any water left. So now, when you die you go back to your base but leave things behind, my fucking seamoth is 700m down inside a cave, 1400m from my base. FUCK

Heres some videos I took while in the cave

The fish here at 15 seconds scared the actual shit out of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arMMZvLMKTQ

Here Im trying to hide from this FML monster alien. Im hiding inside a skull of an ancient alien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYPmpVtWSc

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Fuck this game! I don't know how long its going to take me to build the damned sea moth, or my first base!

I'm about 6hrs in and I just made my first swim to the Aurora. I encountered no reapers (thank god, I'm just a little man with flippers!)

And then I found MORE of those damned spider crab things!

I hate that you can't KILL any of the creatures that can clearly KILL you.

Heck, they could make the carnivorous things good in food, but low in water content and more difficult/risky to catch to eat.

Stupid spider crabs! I had to run all the way through the Aurora and now its dark, so I'm camped out in the Administration until morning. I've got about 8 bottles of water left, 7 cured Eyefish things, and 3 Fire extinguishers along with the repair too, flashlight, and med-kits.

All I wanna do is build a damned base!

I played a bit in creative mode and yeah, no limitations so I can build to my hearts content, but its just not as fun.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Finally finished the game. It was tough.

Possible spoiler:

There is a hard part of the game where you must pilot your Cyclops very, VERY deep to get to a certain alien base. Make sure you equip your Cyclops with a fabricator and have a repair tool handy. Make sure all six power cells are charged before you embark on this quest and bring along a few extra. You don't want to get stuck down there with no power and the Seamoth won't help you since you'll be beyond it's operating depth.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
How many hours did it take you? Im at 30 hours of play.

Also I made my 4th fucking seamoth today. Go down into the Lost River. And a mother fucking teleporter gets at me. Teleports me out of my seamoth and attacks me. I panicked because I couldnt find my seamoth but I was just floating above it lol. So I hop back in and use first aid, and go on my way. But I dont get far and 5 seconds later he teleports me out of it again and attacks me. This time killing me because I wasnt full health. SO NOW I HAVE 2 GOD DAMN SEAMOTHS STUCK DOWN IN THE LOST RIVER CAVE! 98g8gg97G97G9gf9gUBONLKBTCVO97g

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
How many hours did it take you? Im at 30 hours of play.

Also I made my 4th fucking seamoth today. Go down into the Lost River. And a mother fucking teleporter gets at me. Teleports me out of my seamoth and attacks me. I panicked because I couldnt find my seamoth but I was just floating above it lol. So I hop back in and use first aid, and go on my way. But I dont get far and 5 seconds later he teleports me out of it again and attacks me. This time killing me because I wasnt full health. SO NOW I HAVE 2 GOD DAMN SEAMOTHS STUCK DOWN IN THE LOST RIVER CAVE! 98g8gg97G97G9gf9gUBONLKBTCVO97g

I've got a Seamoth now.

And I've played around with Creative and gone some places without fear.

But when I'm in my normal Survival game I am TERRIFIED to take any trips near the Aurora due to Reaper Leviathans, and I'm even more scared to take it down deep where the other creepy leviathan bastards live.

I finished fixing the Aurora's reactor leaks, and found the plans for the rocket. The batteries found there have been a help since at the time I didn't have a battery charger. Now I have both a small base with a vehicle bay and a batter/cell charger. Thank god for solar power. However, I built the base in the shallows so its basically right underneath where it spawned my life pod.

I need to build a tank for fish so I can cure up some stuff easier. I have some Marblemelon beds which take care of the food supply, but they don't last long once you pick them, so can't take them on longer trips.

I'm kind of stuck with the story at this point. The last vision I had was the "Come Find me" vision. And not sure where to go next on that one, keep waiting for a new radio message to pop up.

So I basically just keep surviving day by day.

I swear, I haven't had a game in a long time that had this games creep factor. I've gotten glimpses of the Reaper near the Aurora and nope nope nope, do not want to tango.

Finding life pod 4 while I was without anything other than a radiation suit was tense.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I'm kind of stuck with the story at this point. The last vision I had was the "Come Find me" vision. And not sure where to go next on that one, keep waiting for a new radio message to pop up.

I had a creature destroy my Cyclops with my Seamoth docked inside. Bastard tore a bunch of holes in it until the engine blew. Luckily I got out in time, but then I decided to quit and reload since I was gonna drown anyway. I was WAY too deep to make it out of whatever cave I was traversing. That saved me the trouble of building another Cyclops.

A hint for the "Come Find Me" vision: To find out where this location is, you must go deep. The location is deep inside a cave system where you'll eventually start to see flowing lava, if you go deep enough. Once you see the lava, you know you're on the right track. It's down about 1450 meters, so you'll need a Cyclops with all the hull upgrades. You'll also need a blue key, so be sure to have that first before setting off on this quest. Bring lots of food and spare power cells too.

The entrance to the cave system is near a downed life pod, but unfortunately I don't remember which one.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I had a creature destroy my Cyclops with my Seamoth docked inside. Bastard tore a bunch of holes in it until the engine blew. Luckily I got out in time, but then I decided to quit and reload since I was gonna drown anyway. I was WAY too deep to make it out of whatever cave I was traversing. That saved me the trouble of building another Cyclops.

A hint for the "Come Find Me" vision: To find out where this location is, you must go deep. The location is deep inside a cave system where you'll eventually start to see flowing lava, if you go deep enough. Once you see the lava, you know you're on the right track. It's down about 1450 meters, so you'll need a Cyclops with all the hull upgrades. You'll also need a blue key, so be sure to have that first before setting off on this quest. Bring lots of food and spare power cells too.

The entrance to the cave system is near a downed life pod, but unfortunately I don't remember which one.

Do you mean life pod 7 in the crag field? Thats about 200m deep I think. Not as deep as Lifepod 2. But in a way scarier place.

Also, listening to one of the atmospheric audio tracks and no wonder this game is so damned creepy. Its music per say, but it does a great job creating a tense atmosphere at times.

The music itself isn't creepy, but combined in the dark, where you can only see blackness in front of you and know nothing of whats around you except hearing strange creatures making disconcerting noises. Its creepy as fuck, and it never gets NOT creepy.

I think I may make an effort to go after the Degasi side missions tonight. Sounds like a nice diversion from the main mission.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also, though it sucked getting the resources, and losing inventory space, I finally started building a shit ton of beacons so I can mark the area's for easy finding later. I've been marking the life pods since some of the help guides tell you X thing is located 400m SW of Lifepod X.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Im doing the story line survival thing whatever. Im terrified to go down deep. The reaper leviathans make me soil myself and pissed off. 2 seamoths destroyed by the white and red guy. 1 destoyed by the ghost looking holographic one. Im scared to take the cyclops anywhere because its so valuable and time consuming to make, let alone drive carefully.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I went on a search and rescue to get back my seamoth that I was killed out of when a teleporter got me. Took my sub out to go find it. Luckily the cave system with the lost river, near the alien base, had an opening near by the seamoth. I was able to retrieve it thankfully. It had 900m depth, torpedos, and shock shield. On my way back to base I came across these guys and it was just so fucking amazing watching them. Had to get out and take a look.......they also poop. Which you can use their poop to fuel the bioreactor. Also these guys did up a lot of great minerals by walking through the sand that you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0nuTXrbK4

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info