Did everyone else have a shitty drive this morning?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Good gawd, that commute sucked so bad this morning. Kirk Rd was completely shut down from Pine street to Wind Energy pass, north and south. Took me 1hr and 10min to drive 9 miles and that was with some back rd knowledge to beat a few backed up stop signs. I personally saw 2 accidents just from people trying to turn around on Kirk and either sliding into the curb on the other side of the road or just smashing into that car that slid into the curb on the other side of the road.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Streets were slick in the subdivision, so I was cautious on Lake ST/20 going east.

There was 1 car off the road West bound side of Lake St between Mclean and 31.
There was 1 car off the road near Villa Olivia ( just west of Naperville Rd on the south side of the street ).
and 1 accident... looked like an older jetta rear ended a small SUV ( same area near Villa Olivia ).

Other than that, streets were decent

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I have no idea how there were 2 really bad accidents on Kirk, the road felt fine to me, felt like it was just rained on, barely slippery at all. The back roads and subdivisions were definitely pretty slippy though, I was sliding around mine on purpose on the way out of it. Sometimes you just gotta YOLO. If only I knew what I was getting myself into, I would have turned around and stayed home.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Apparently it was mostly south that had issues. Fox Lake Rd was a bit slick, but once I was on 12 it was business as usual.

I just had an idiot that was trying to turn left Lake Cook road and wouldn't at least go halfway to make it to the median. Instead he wanted all lanes both directions before he would move. After 7 minutes of missed opportunities I went around him because the ass would not make a move.

Then I had another idiot with like 200ft between him and the car in front of him, who was braking hard every time the car ahead touched the brakes. But as usual, he tried to speed up when I moved to pass him.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:rofl:
c9a834456a5c29b501e30d705c44316e.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It was probably the worse driving experience I have ever had. It was fine till about half way to work. They must have salted pretty well in Glen Ellyn. As soon as I hit Wheaton on Butterfield road it was slick. As I get closer to Warrenville it got worse. I passes about 10-11 accidents or cars off in the ditch. Then I saw two accidents happen in front of me in the opposite direction traffic. Then saw a car driving that looks like it was hit on the three sides I could see. I don't know how he could even be driving it as the wheels looked like they were about to fall off.

My 25 minute commute turns into a 30-35 minute commute with bad snow or rain. Today it took me 50 minutes. I was somehow pretty lucky that I didn't have cars near me at all. I had safe distances in back and in front for most of the dive past Wheaton. A couple time just steady cruising the car suddenly would skid. The rear would come around a little and the car would shimmy.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I guy I work with has a Grand Cherokee that is less than two years old. He has had three accidents in the car so far. He lives real close and shows up late today. I asked him if he made it ok. Sure enough, he rear-ended someone on the way in. His girlfriend. Who is also on his insurance policy.

Dude has to be worried his insurance company is gonna drop his ass. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info