U of I professor filming person in bathroom won't be charged

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
A filmmaker committing sex crimes...you don't say!

UPDATE: UI prof arrested for arena incident; won't be charged | News-Gazette.com

University of Illinois Professor Jay Rosenstein was arrested Monday night for allegedly videotaping a former Chief Illiniwek portrayer in a bathroom at State Farm Center, though he was later released without being charged.

A Facebook post from Ivan "Alex" Dozier shortly after 11 p.m. said that Rosenstein, a longtime Chief opponent, allegedly followed him into a bathroom during the Illinois-Michigan State game and was using a phone to videotape him while he was relieving himself.

Champaign County sheriff's records show that Rosenstein, 57, of Champaign, was booked into the jail at 9:46 p.m. on a preliminary charge of unauthorized videotaping, which is usually a Class A misdemeanor if the recording takes place in a public restroom without the permission of the person being recorded.

But Rosenstein was not charged and was later released from custody, Champaign County Assistant State's Attorney Steve Ziegler said this morning.

Dozier went on to say he noticed Rosenstein in the hallway and wanted to avoid a confrontation. Rosenstein is an award-winning professor of media and cinema studies and the creator of the 1997 documentary "In Whose Honor?" about the negative effects of Native American imagery in sports.

"After finishing my business at the urinal, I turned to find the professor, phone still in hand (and) pointed right at me. I was almost speechless...the man was literally trying to catch me with my pants down. You'd think as many times as I've been harassed by this guy, that I would know how to react by now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Chet Donnelly
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list