ADT Security

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
No, but I built my own home security system with a Smartthings hub along with window, door, and motion sensors. Cost a few hundred $$$ but no monthly fee. Its nice because the hub also controls lighting, so not only will a siren go off and alarms on our phones go off, but the lights in the house will turn on.

Only draw back is it will not auto dial 911.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
You could always install one yourself for a few hundred and then sign up with emergency24 type service for the 911 side of things. The nice thing is they will call you first if you want to save on the 911 call if it was a false alarm.

A lot of the newer devices are wireless which makes it even easier (door sensors, window sensors, motion detectors) to install

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
No, but I built my own home security system with a Smartthings hub along with window, door, and motion sensors. Cost a few hundred $$$ but no monthly fee. Its nice because the hub also controls lighting, so not only will a siren go off and alarms on our phones go off, but the lights in the house will turn on.

Only draw back is it will not auto dial 911.
You might be able to add that

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
You might be able to add that

No need...

911_AR15_Sign-2.jpg

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
[MENTION=5176]Marko[/MENTION] - I would avoid ADT. They do not have their own installers and are always contracted out. You may get a good installer, or, you will get some a-hole that messes things up. I've known five people that have had nothing but issues with ADT. Plus, their monthly services for all of the options is about $65 a month.

Check out a company called Active Alarm. We have them, they are privately owned and did all of the work. 24/7 monitoring service and we barely pay $120 every three months for all of the things ADT offers.

Everything is on wifi and we have the app through our phones and can self-monitor if we need to at will.

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
I believe ADT uses Honeywell wireless components. All stuff you can get, except you are paying for them to install and monitor. If you are remotely handy, there are many options if you want to save a few bucks and do the install yourself, then choose a company for monitoring if you want 911 called.

I did my own a few years back which was 1/2 hardwired and 1/2 wireless back when it was a bunch of codes. I'll be upgrading in the spring and am leaning towards the IQ Panel 2. The new systems are crazy easy to enroll sensors. There are companies that can even take the panel over and do some programming for you. I currently pay $12 per month.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
[MENTION=5176]Marko[/MENTION] - I would avoid ADT. They do not have their own ihttps://activealarm.comnstallers and are always contracted out. You may get a good installer, or, you will get some a-hole that messes things up. I've known five people that have had nothing but issues with ADT. Plus, their monthly services for all of the options is about $65 a month.

Check out a company called Active Alarm. We have them, they are privately owned and did all of the work. 24/7 monitoring service and we barely pay $120 every three months for all of the things ADT offers.

Everything is on wifi and we have the app through our phones and can self-monitor if we need to at will.

Is this them ?

https://activealarm.com

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
ADT sucks fucking ass. for 50-70/month many people in my subdiv claim they don't even get called when the system is tripped.

Build your own system and get one of the good monitoring services for $9/month. When I accidentally trip mine the call comes in seconds and police dispatched once and there in no more than 120 secs.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
ADT sucks fucking ass. for 50-70/month many people in my subdiv claim they don't even get called when the system is tripped.

Build your own system and get one of the good monitoring services for $9/month. When I accidentally trip mine the call comes in seconds and police dispatched once and there in no more than 120 secs.

ADT has an app. So how can people not know when their system is tripped?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info