Any info on in-wall/in ceiling home speakers?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Rears are bigger then the middles because it was what was available. Dremel with a drywal bit made the holes easy.
867b3fb42bee4e915a63ed5bcfd9dc89.jpg
c289bbe7743bfc8ba23d94fb61921b6a.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I have the polks in my family room. I have a very modest setup because WAF of big loud large home theater is not in the cards at this house.

I just use them for the side and rear speakers and it works fine for me. I got them refurbished on ebay for cheap.

the exact ones i posted?

i have a pile of them. new in the box if youd like them.
i dont think theyre anything special, but the price is right.

fahreal?

that'd be awesome.

bang for buck I've been extremely impressed with everything Dayton. My entire home is run on their WiFi "Sonos"-esque audio system. Multi-room playback is sweet

Dayton Audio Manufactures Speakers / Drivers, A/V products, and Speaker Building Components

how pricey was it

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I have the 6.5i and 5.25 sized ones.

I guess the only difference there is the front center speaker usually has 2 woofers and the tweeter exactly in the middle. I think they make specific center speakers in wall that account for that. I couldn't do that as my tv sits in a corner at an angle. Plus I already had front L/R/C polk speakers so more monies.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Yes, do it. I personally prefer wired vs. wireless but wireless speakers have come a long way. When I renovated my basement, I went a tad crazy and ran about 500ft 12/2 speaker home-runs to my media/IT closet, but I had everything exposed so figured why not right lol.

I'm running 7.1ch surround with with Polk RC80i's for all the in-ceiling speakers, and RC85's in the rear wall behind the main seating area and a Polk center speaker. 1 floor subwoofer, but I wired another jack for another sub in the future. Running everything off a Pioneer AV receiver, zone 2 does the rest of my basement for basic stereo music and playback for another TV in a bedroom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006BMQT/?tag=tcg21-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006I5O6/?tag=tcg21-20

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Do it! My brother's company does high end theatres and security. He had one of his installers come over and install a 5.1 in-ceiling setup in my family room and my bro installed outdoor speakers in my patio. The guy that he brought over specializes in existing home installations, the guy was like the McGuyver of running wires.

Anyways, I use it everyday and it sounds awesome. Definitely spend your money on a good receiver. My preference is Denon as they sound good and have nice features (Wifi, App, XM, Apple, etc).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info