Facebook Scammers

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A scammer created his own account with a name very similar to mine, stole my profile pic and sent IMs to people on my FB page. I have spent the day texting/IMing dozens of people to let them know I am not trying to help them get government grants. Changed my password even though I don't think he actually got into my account. I had the people who received the messages mark them as spam so FB can delete the guy.

If I had a button I could push that would kill all scammers instantly... I'd push it.

You guys had similar experiences? Am I safe now? Anything else I should do? I'm not knowledgeable about how FB does things.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I've received some double profile requests lately so I don't accept those.
Not fb, but my wife and I were just talking about how many people try to hack in to her website every day. It used to only be a few, but since she redid it a few days ago it's up to 20 times per day! Wtf is the point?

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
A scammer created his own account with a name very similar to mine, stole my profile pic and sent IMs to people on my FB page.

I was wondering why you were asking me for dick pics. Oh well, delete the ones I sent you.

:jg:

Seriously though, if you have a Facebook account, just remember that you're not their customer, but their product. They mine and sell your information to the highest bidder.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Are you making these posts with a fuckin' typewriter? Cause if you aren't, they're tracking YOU. You're probably the highest on their list of people to track because you're kinda.... :nuts: :hsughr:
Nuts? You sound extremely naive. Fb sells your user history to marketing depts. When you post certain things criticizing local governments, depending on how technologically advanced your locality is, you get red flagged in their system.

Cops then proceed to follow you from your home, pull you over and search you. Happened to many folks I know online.

Not sure when being tracked at every movement became so acceptable, but more power to you, lemming.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I recently changed my name and took down any profile pictures of my face. You may laugh but there is a lot of tracking done on FB and scammers. There are people who have no lives that if you disagree with them on FB they will find out a bunch of info about you and contact your employer. I don't need that shit.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I recently changed my name and took down any profile pictures of my face. You may laugh but there is a lot of tracking done on FB and scammers. There are people who have no lives that if you disagree with them on FB they will find out a bunch of info about you and contact your employer. I don't need that shit.

you should probably ditch your linkedinn then too broski.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I love you guys thinking that FB is the only one tracking all your moves/data/activity. :rofl:

sound like the people who put their middle name as their FB name while their facebook address is still www.facebook.com/firstnamelastname :bowrofl:

not to mention if you have a smart phone "they're" tracking you WAY more than FB is :rofl: but sure. get nervous about JUST FB.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info