What's the best gift u got as a X-mas kid?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Without a second thought it would be a Sega genesis with streets of rage 2. Put so many hours into this game.

U-040-H-00012-A.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
c984c4861784b34de4f29341386fedb4.jpg

c6b418d110c2a325685bba0c0f1f46c4.jpg

Not the most expensive or coolest but absolutely one of my favorite!!

Working steering, engine, open rear diff, suspension, tow hook.

I modded the hell out of that and changed the color from red to black with blue stripe added doors stretched the front to fit a V8 and had dual shocks on each corner.

That kits badass id pay a couple benjamins for an original one!!

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Intellevision

Stereo for bedroom (dual cassette w/ equalizer) w/ Motley Crue, Journey, John Cougar Melloncamp cassettes

1979 Two Tone Green Pontiac Grand Prix (301 v8, 4 barrel). Plush green interior. It was a glorious first car w/ approx 125k on the clock. No rust, ran like a champ.

b3-2.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I'd have to say N64 and this

28940525.jpg

Not the most expensive or coolest but absolutely one of my favorite!!

Working steering, engine, open rear diff, suspension, tow hook.

I modded the hell out of that and changed the color from red to black with blue stripe added doors stretched the front to fit a V8 and had dual shocks on each corner.

That kits badass id pay a couple benjamins for an original one!!

:rofl: I had that truck too with the optional technic motor. That thing was a blast as a kid.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Without a second thought it would be a Sega genesis with streets of rage 2. Put so many hours into this game.

U-040-H-00012-A.jpg

I got a model 1 genesis, but forgot if it was christmas or my birthday. I know the model 2 Sega CD was christmas for me.

It would be either one of those, or one year the plethora of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys. I swear one year my family was playing tug of war and I was the battle ground. I got a bounty of the toys when they were coming out. All the turtles, the sewer playset, the turtle van, the turtle blimp, technodrome.

Then one day my mom goes and "donates" it all. :tear: Along with my fucking Sega Genesis, CD, NES, and N64.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I would have to say a stuffed bear when I was 4 or 5 followed by a radio shack RC buggy at 12 or so.

radioshack-4wd-desert-viper-rc-buggy_1_0fb81f0dc4528b38e310892ed5b71e6c.jpg

I remember my biggest Christmas disappointment more. When I was 8 or 9 all I wanted wanted was a Tyco Bandit. My parents instead bought me the mini bandit. It was half the size, a lot slower and took 8 AA batteries instead of the 9.6V rechargeable. I'm sure they saw it was a lot cheap and figured it was the same thing just small. Man was a let down.

Brand New 1986 Honda 70 Fourtrax for my brother and I. We Loved that thing!

honda_four_trax__509c2790010b5.jpg

That's sick, I got a blue Christmas special ATC 70 for my 4th bday.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I lost my mind in a way that I'm even embarrassed to think about when my uncle got me an N64 for Christmas. It was not healthy.

A very close second was when this showed up under the tree. I would get heart palpitations looking at the catalog at this set.
6984-1.jpg

I remember getting the N64 and I was only stoked because it had Mario on it. This was also right after my mom traded/returned my Sega to buy the N64 so I was a bit pissed the Sega was gone and wasn't too enthused.

I got the "big" robot from that Lego set. Pretty sure it and it's instructions are still sitting in my parent's basement.

latest

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
If I remember, I will take pics of it this weekend when I am at the other house. My Son plays with it when he's there with me.

I had virtually EVERY Star Wars toy of that vintage. There were a few action figures I was not able to get, but I had Millenium Falcon's, Tie Fighters (both regular and Vader's), X-Wings, SnowSpeeders, you name it. There may even be a twin pod cloud car there. I had a Tydirium Shuttle too, but my Son took that and has it in his room at our house in Elgin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info