Netflix Pricing Change (again)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So I've been a subscriber for many moons, and they upped their price to $10.99 a month starting in Jan.

I logged into my account to discover that inherently the 'current' plan I was paying $7.99 for was 2 screens + HD that would now be 10.99.

I can't think of a single point in time where I've ever needed 2 screens at the same time, nor cared about HD when it came to streaming (which is really limited by Bandwidth anyways).

So I just changed my plan 'down' to their base plan they offer that's now $7.99, but single screen and no HD.

Didn't know that this ever existed, and I didn't know I could ever stream on more than one device, nor when they changed to HD. Figure I'd share for anyone that subscribes that's in a similar boat as me.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
They said more movies to be added too.....

In other news, last night after scrolling the Netflix library and not finding shit I messed around with the chromecast and downloaded HBO GO, Tubi and popcorn flix. Lot of decent free movies, I was pleasantly surprised

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why in gods name would you not want HD????

Primarily mobile viewing, the movies and TV that we generally watch via NetFlix are not things that I could care about being in HD (TV show re-runs, older TV series, animated shows in general).

The VERY few 'current' movies they play I typically already own on BluRay.

I also don't see Netflix getting 'more' stuff in the next year outside of original content (not saying that's bad, just saying we aren't into it as much as some people are).

I'm curious what Disney's streaming service will be like, especially once they pull out of Netflix, which is why I suspect Netflix also is raising their rates (as a cash grab).

They said more movies to be added too.....

In other news, last night after scrolling the Netflix library and not finding shit I messed around with the chromecast and downloaded HBO GO, Tubi and popcorn flix. Lot of decent free movies, I was pleasantly surprised

I just don't see how they are going to get much 'new' stuff outside of original content with Disney starting their own service, and yea, There's hardly shit movie wise lately on Netflix anyways.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Primarily mobile viewing, the movies and TV that we generally watch via NetFlix are not things that I could care about being in HD (TV show re-runs, older TV series, animated shows in general).

The VERY few 'current' movies they play I typically already own on BluRay.

I also don't see Netflix getting 'more' stuff in the next year outside of original content (not saying that's bad, just saying we aren't into it as much as some people are).

I'm curious what Disney's streaming service will be like, especially once they pull out of Netflix, which is why I suspect Netflix also is raising their rates (as a cash grab).

I just don't see how they are going to get much 'new' stuff outside of original content with Disney starting their own service, and yea, There's hardly shit movie wise lately on Netflix anyways.

I prefer series over movies, and Netflix is loaded with them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info