daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff

my life revolves around "the deal".

leasing is no deal to me. your paying for something you will never see a return on. just like renting. i never rented...(well with the exception of my shop space.. but that different).

example from past:
$1800, buy 2008 crown victoria on CL
$220 + time to do intake gaskets and plugs
$80 thrush mufflers
$300 for a set new OE goodyear tires that fell off a truck
$80 for console
$200 for "teenage special stereo/sub"

i drove the car for almost 3 years with only doing normal maintenance, put on 40k miles. and sold it for $4400 to a friend of the family that was in love with it.

if i cant break even or make money on a vehicle after driving it for how ever long i decide to keep it, i wont buy it.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
But trading (in 5 years) the car back into the dealership (after its paid off) I’ll get raped on it anyway

youre going to get assfucked either way.
and by assfucked, i mean youre going to probably loose/pay the same amount in the end.

my advice is if you want something newer, buy a car that has already depreciated and then youll get less of a fucking.

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I would always sell a car to someone vs trading in. My 03 accord they offered 2k, then upped to 2500, ended up selling it for 5k. Dealer is in business to make money, so you will never win with them.

If you always like change or get bored with same car, leasing is the way to go if you have the income for payments. Its not for everyone.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I would always sell a car to someone vs trading in. My 03 accord they offered 2k, then upped to 2500, ended up selling it for 5k. Dealer is in business to make money, so you will never win with them.

If you always like change or get bored with same car, leasing is the way to go if you have the income for payments. Its not for everyone.

If I ever decide to sell my 03 Cobra, I would definitely sell it myself.

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
depends how much you drive. My wife stays home with kids. we are on our 2nd lease. this will be our last. we were able to get to brand new $45000 cars for $2000 and couple hundred a month... got us a new reliable, maintenance free car. at the end, yes, we didnt end up with a trade in, but if you lease again it doesnt matter.

only issue is miles in my opinion. one long trip fucks you over. that's why we will stop and buy the next.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
The only way I'd consider it was if I was making considerably more money than I do now and was able to write it off as a business expense. I know a guy that does that with higher-end cars for him and his wife, because the money doesn't really matter to him and he likes having a newish car all the time.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
The only way I'd consider it was if I was making considerably more money than I do now and was able to write it off as a business expense. I know a guy that does that with higher-end cars for him and his wife, because the money doesn't really matter to him and he likes having a newish car all the time.

This.

Other than that its a waste IMO. A 2-3 year old car will have already lost its massive depreciation that a lot of new cars seem to have. Get it with an extended warranty and be good to go for many years. Then you own it in the long run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info