Followup: What is the biggest thing that annoys you about other drivers?

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
Pretty much all Uber and Lyft drivers in general.

I love the concept of what Uber and Lyft is. But I don't think they have a single driver employed by either one of those companies that has a fucking clue how to drive.

So far I'm batting 1000 on my commutes. See a dumb fuck do something stupid - weaving, going slow, cutting people off, etc.... get close and see that stupid airplane sticker in the back window.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Can it be only one thing?

Not using turn signals
Turning and going into the far lanes, but, riding the split lines before getting into the lane
Talking on phones or using a device of any kind while driving
Going under the speed limit anywhere
Not knowing where the fuck you're going and cutting people off instead of planning ahead

plenty more.

But, SUPER SAFE DRIVERS bother me more than anything.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Left lane camping. /thread

This.

I am so tempted to put one of these on my vehicles.

dc6e142b3bd01afd5607423236a02c51.png

People who don't know how the center turn lanes work is a close second.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
1. left lane campers

2. drivers that brake for absolutely no fucking reason. None. Zero. No reason at all, but let's tap the brakes for half a second so 6 others behind them slam on theirs.

3. drivers that think their weak ass daytime running lights are their main headlights. This usually means they are driving around without rear lights.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
2. drivers that brake for absolutely no fucking reason. None. Zero. No reason at all, but let's tap the brakes for half a second so 6 others behind them slam on theirs.

People that follow the guy in front of them so closely they're constantly tapping on their brakes every 5-10 seconds which causes everyone else to apply their brakes and causes the slinky effect for 15 fucking miles.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
When people in the left lane slow way down to get into the left turn lane when there's no other cars in it drives me nuts.....

45MPH zone, if the left turn lane is clear, start slowing down in the damn turn lane, you don't need to brake to 30 before getting into the turn lane. :fu:
To further expand that bullshit, people that do that and don’t fully go in the turn lane so people have to slow down to not clip them or the car next to them.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
To further expand that bullshit, people that do that and don’t fully go in the turn lane so people have to slow down to not clip them or the car next to them.

Yep. If their dumb asses would just follow the solid line on the left into the turn lane that shit wouldnt be an issue, but they wait to get into the turn lane like idiots.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Yep. If their dumb asses would just follow the solid line on the left into the turn lane that shit wouldnt be an issue, but they wait to get into the turn lane like idiots.

To expand upon that even further:

People that think the painted road lines are some kind of physical manifestation of an invisible barrier and NEVER EVER DO NOT EVER DONT DO IT EVER HORRIBLE THINGS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU won't cross the yellow lines in an effort to be efficient and keep traffic flowing.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You guys have already touched on a lot of mine. To add another,

4 way stop sign idiots. It's not that hard to figure out when you are supposed to go. See who is still moving at the point when your car stops. You go AHEAD of them. You go AFTER people who are already stopped. LEARN IT.

Corollaries: 1. You DON'T have to go one car at a time. If the car approaching you is going straight and you are going straight, YOU CAN GO AT THE SAME TIME.

2. When you are turning left at a four way stop... USE YOUR FUCKING TURN SIGNAL. People in Florida don't and it messes up the stop sign etiquette. You think they are going straight so you follow corollary 1 and they suddenly turn in front of you. They invariably stop directly in front of your car and it takes them ten seconds to figure out what to do next. GRRR! ASSHOLES! LEARN TO DRIVE RIGHT YOU STUPID OLD PEOPLE AND SNOWBIRDS!

Also, Toyotas... and pick ups. Worst drivers on the road for some reason.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
People not stopping at the stop sign by my house.
People with no brake lights.
People driving at night with no lights.
People driving too slow and not knowing where they are going.
People who don't get up to speed while merging.
Slow mother fucking drivers.
People driving who are oblivious to anyone else on the road.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What about people who approach a stale green and start slowing down in anticipation of it going yellow?

I'm the opposite. If I think that light is going to go yellow I speed up to make the turn. Though I usually pick a conservative point of no return, enough time to stop if it does go red.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info