What % of your income

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Is used on hookers and blow? Just kidding... The wife and I were talking last night trying to determine if our expenses are in line with our income and I figured the best place to ask is here... So i guess my question is just this...

Of your combined NET income, what percentage's of it goes to mortgage, cars, savings, and fun money (i.e. tools, electronics etc.)

Mortgage 25 %
Car Payments 9%
Fun money 4%
Savings 15%
Insurance (car and life) 3%
Daycare 5%

I am thinking the fun money of 4% is way to low and I am trying to ask her why its so low...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
YOLO bitches, whacking off to a ghost # and waiting for your 60's to enjoy yourself doesn't make sense.

Im in this train of thought too. I set some money aside for retirement but I'm not stressing about it really. Knowing my luck ID put a ton aside and have a grabber before I could use it anyway. No significant other or kids for the money to go to so who gives a crap. :rofl:

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Is used on hookers and blow? Just kidding... The wife and I were talking last night trying to determine if our expenses are in line with our income and I figured the best place to ask is here... So i guess my question is just this...

Of your combined NET income, what percentage's of it goes to mortgage, cars, savings, and fun money (i.e. tools, electronics etc.)

Mortgage 25 %
Car Payments 9%
Fun money 4%
Savings 15%
Insurance (car and life) 3%
Daycare 5%

I am thinking the fun money of 4% is way to low and I am trying to ask her why its so low...

shit you are lucky

daycare 30% :tear:
house 31%
save 7%
car insurance 2.4%
cars 12%

those are the ballparks from using this calculator
https://financialmentor.com/calculator/expense-calculator

tools and fun money come from my business.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Mortgage 15 %
Car Payments 7%
Fun money %
Savings 30%
Insurance (car and life) 5%
Daycare 0 % Dink!

That's my breakdown, fun money is practically 0. We don't spend much money as we hardly every go out and I won't count up how much the wife spends on "shopping" as fun. The majority of our money goes into the savings account to build up that down payment on the next house.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Asking a site of car enthusiasts if they are financially responsible?

Quick answer - Hell No!

Long answer - Maybe a few are, but let's be honest for a moment. Those few have to be financially responsible now due to previously being irresponsible. But no worries, their pendulum will swing back soon enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info