Oct 5, 2012
Boo
7cd5a9a978ef9f0c133f53c913005186.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
wont even had out candy this year. wife and kids are in MO, and i have stuff to do aroudn the house, not sit and wait for the usual 5-6 kids to come around.

I'll have candy but don't expect to see many kids like normal.

They usually take the kids "trunk or treating" or will go to the fancy neighborhoods where they hand out full size candy bars.... Greedy ass kids. :s00ls:

Plus its going to be cold as hell today.

Get home around 4:00 from work, trick or treating ends at 7:00.... I'll usually scan the block and if theres no kids on the street at 7 just turn off the front light and stop answering the door.

I remember the streets being FILLED when I was a kid, now I'm lucky if I see 10 kids.

I hate the parents who bring the kid in a stroller and trick or treat for them.. Listen lady, I know the candy is for you, not the kid. :s00ls:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Also, 4-7 is fucking ridiculous. What a shitty window to trick or treat.

I remember going till like 9. Those were the days.

Oh for sure, we would be pounding on doors all damn night back in the day. :bowrofl:

Technically the hours are 3:00 till 7:00 but even then, making it earlier doesnt help when people aren't home until 6:00 or later from work.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I'll have candy but don't expect to see many kids like normal.

They usually take the kids "trunk or treating" or will go to the fancy neighborhoods where they hand out full size candy bars.... Greedy ass kids. :s00ls:

Plus its going to be cold as hell today.

Get home around 4:00 from work, trick or treating ends at 7:00.... I'll usually scan the block and if theres no kids on the street at 7 just turn off the front light and stop answering the door.

I remember the streets being FILLED when I was a kid, now I'm lucky if I see 10 kids.

I hate the parents who bring the kid in a stroller and trick or treat for them.. Listen lady, I know the candy is for you, not the kid. :s00ls:

we took the kids last year to my parents house, (our old neighborhood) it was great, lots of kids, almost every house had stuff up, reminded me of how it was growing up. My wife was amazed becasue it was never like that around where she grew up, my neighbor hood now.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
we took the kids last year to my parents house, (our old neighborhood) it was great, lots of kids, almost every house had stuff up, reminded me of how it was growing up. My wife was amazed becasue it was never like that around where she grew up, my neighbor hood now.

My parents still live in your old neighborhood and get a good amount of kids too I believe....

The ones I hate the most for me are the high school kids just hitting houses on the way home....

Realistically though I'm just not big on Halloween anyway so that could have something to do with it.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Our neighborhood is packed and has people coming from other areas... it is from 4 - 7 tonight and I will be out with our kids +1 from their school. We've plotted out our course over the last few days for "efficiency" and to maximize their haul. I then bring big canvas bags for them to dump their buckets into as they get full/heavy so they can keep going.

Cold doesn't bother us.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
My side of the road is all multi acre lots spread out and the other side of the road is newish nieghborhoods... Been here 9 years and never had a single kid knock for candy. First 2 years I candy on hand but ever since I figured out they don't come over on our side of the road never bother anymore. GOOD I like not having to deal with it... but if I did though I would just leave a big bowl for them to help themselves and either play pranks on them/ try to scare them anyways like I had done to me when I was young...:rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Our neighborhood is packed with trick or treaters.

We hand out full size candy bars.

Are you really surprised there's a ton of trick or treaters in your neighborhood? :bowrofl:

I hear most of the kids from Streamwood go to Barrington or Bartlett to get their fill for the same reason.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also, 4-7 is fucking ridiculous. What a shitty window to trick or treat.

I remember going till like 9. Those were the days.

With the full size candy bars!

Just like in Stranger Things S2!

But yeah, I remember starting around 4 and basically walking as far as my legs would carry me. We'd case block by block.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info