Well, thats likely one less S2000 on the road

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
ya he had just over 1 full second to defend against that, if he was at 9 and 3 and super attentive he could have avoided it :eek:

i watched a few times and came to the same conclusion... coulda been a lot better off. i'm pretty anal about it and am at 9 and 3 99% of the time i'm driving and will try to get my non-driver friends in the habit if they're giving me a ride somewhere. he was just a late sloppy mess that just drove into the car at that point. mighta happened anyway but he sure didn't help.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Lucky the guy is ok, cars can be replaced.

I don't think he could have swerved and not gotten into a accident. It's easy to look at it hindsight but if you were in that same situation with not knowing what was going to happen would you be able to react quickly enough? Also if he swerved could he have kept the car in control and not hit something else?

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
The person running the red light, Id imagine...so the minivan.

That light was red for the S2000 too by the time he was in the intersection, as it was yellow well before he was into it. I think that idiot in the minivan probably saw it was yellow and anticipated it turning green for him by the time he got to the intersection.

Both had fault in some way.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Light was yellow, once its yellow, you cant see if it changes in the intersection. Either way, whoever was in the minivan was not going to stop regardless of light color.

HOWEVER, upon third viewing of the vid, that dude gave zero fucks about what was going on. He just coasted on through....so........................................ok maybe both at fault.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It does NOT show a red light tho...screecap it for me cause I see yellow. Obviously it stands to reason the light would be red once hes IN the intersection...point is, the red light isnt on camera, only point I'm now making.

Dude totally spaced out either way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info