Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its short.

You know what I hate? When realtors post links to houses on FB (ya ya) and when you get to the listing, you get cockblocked by having to supply your email or log in with FB account before being able to view anything.

I used to be able to get around this by entering in a BS email but now a lot of them require you to VALIDATE the email or it self validates.

Shitty business practice (yes its for lead generation) but its fucking annoying to the casual browser.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
News articles in online versions of newspapers too (Daily Herald). I say thanks Daily Herald, I got story title, then will just go elsewhere to get the full story. I'm not signing up for your shit.

One of my pet peeves looking at cars online is when you search for a vehicle, and the price isn't listed and they put "CALL"... That's the LAST fucking thing I'm doing! If you don't want to post the price of the vehicle upfront, I'll just move on to the next one. Last thing I'm going to do it give you my information for a month or two of endless pestering...

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Or the 'ol "price shown in cart" trick.. That one drives me nuts. So I have to put the thing in my cart just to see the price of it? :fu:
You know why a lot of places do that right? It's because of MAP policies from the respective manufacturers.

If I'm selling a handguard from Aero Precision and their policy states I can't sell no less the x% off their retail suggested price, then some manufacturers do allow to by-pass that by allowing customers to add it to cart to show pricing because they're technically not advertising the price of the product. Once it's in cart, it's no longer considered advertised pricing. I've seen some manufacturers specifically mention that you can't do that while others don't mind.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Mook, do you have a friend that is a realtor? If not get one. Get their login and your good. Or try MLS.com. See if that gets you info. I have heard people using it over Redfin and what not.

MAP pricing has so many holes in it. So many ways around it. It has good intentions but the vendors can't really police it as they need to.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Anything good eventually gets ruined. Usually because of money.

Not that I would ever call Facebook good, but I went on for the first time in a long time to watch a video someone tagged me in. It had to play an advertisement first. Yup, won't even bother to watch videos there anymore. Just another reason not to go on FB. lol

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
and throwawaymail is probably RAKING in the cash.. went to the site and strange enough.. I just installed these fucking tires on a car :rofl:

e66741b904.png

I must not have installed adblocker in chrome vs having it in firefox.. :obama:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
and throwawaymail is probably RAKING in the cash.. went to the site and strange enough.. I just installed these fucking tires on a car :rofl:

e66741b904.png

I must not have installed adblocker in chrome vs having it in firefox.. :obama:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

Make sure to go into settings and turn on all of the filters, including the regional filters (Japan, RUS, etc). Holy fuck did those catch a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ton of ads.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Asking for info is the "easy" way to generate (poor) leads.

I don't do it. I'd rather build relationships with customers so they refer me when they hear someone is looking to sell. The leads are way better that way.

Case in point. I closed on a land purchase today. Double lot in a growing neighborhood. This customer was referred to me by a past customer. I took the new customers to lunch today and we talked over strategy for their next moves. They are building a home on the lot. I get a commission for putting them in touch with a builder. I also get to sell their home in a month or two which makes the total transaction over half a mil.

I stay in touch with my past customers and talk about whatever mutual interests we have. I ask if they have heard of anyone selling and remind them to keep me in mind if they do. They're pleasant calls and they work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info