If you're gonna fly AA, keep your dates flexible.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
If your gonna fly AA, keep your dates flexible. If they can't jam every flight full or overbooked, your gonna have a bad time.

On 6/12/17 I booked these flights
10/28/17 flight #248 departing 8:30P , arriving 10:53P
11/4/17 flight #1535 departing 4:55P, arriving 7:10P

on 7/2/17 AA changed my flights and notified me by e-mail
10/28/17 flight #1112 departing 8:15A , arriving 2:09P
11/3/17 flight #1593 departing 11:55P, arriving 5:41A next day

on 7/5 called in and told them NO red-eyes and changed my flights and "waived fees", but resulting in an extra night of lodging costs
11/6/17 flight #1535 departing 4:55P, arriving 7:10P

on 8/6/17 AA changed my flights and NO NOTIFICATION
11/5/17 flight #2407 departing 12:55A, arriving 5:47A

On 10/18/17
I went to double check my calendar was updated with the correct flight numbers and got real confused when I clicked to open the itinerary on AA.com. Called in and spent 75 minutes on the phone resulting in them basically telling me I can change the 4 hour non-stop to a couple different 8-10 hour connecting flights and told them to get fawked. Normally I wouldn't give a fuck about red-eyes but you add in a 28 month old and things change.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:rofl:

while i know others have had them be flawless.

I’m in that boat. They’re our preferred airline at work and I fly about 25,000 miles a year - light business miles - and I haven’t had any big problems. In fact, they’ve been super accommodating with flight changes. When there are delays or changes, because shit happens, they’ve made it up with big points to my rewards.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I’m in that boat. They’re our preferred airline at work and I fly about 25,000 miles a year - light business miles - and I haven’t had any big problems. In fact, they’ve been super accommodating with flight changes. When there are delays or changes, because shit happens, they’ve made it up with big points to my rewards.

Same thing here, its the airline I always try to book anytime I take a flight and have never had an issue. :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

When I was flying for work I was at like 35-40k/ year and I was with united, and NEVER had an issue :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
well scheduled flight times and actual flight times are logged.. I wonder if any websites present that data.. We all have our own experiences and will be biased but I would like to see the data as that is reality.

i think what's tough though too is that it still wouldn't be apples to apples, some carriers only go some places, and that could skew the data. Like I can't get to northern wyoming/billings without united from around here, and typically i get SCREWED flying out there.

but there are no other options...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I agree with all airlines suck. I mostly fly United. Id do Southwest but MDW sucks. As far as flight delays as long as the plane pushes back from the gate it has departed ontime. Even if it sits on the tarmac for 45 min before takeoff.

A friend is was going to Puerto Rico around Christmas time. She is currently trying to get her money back from United. The vacation home her group booked refunded her money because the house will be in no condition to stay in come that come. Most of the islands have no power. San Juan airport is CLOSED except for relief flights. United be like nah we keeping your money. :rofl:

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Why does midway suck? because how far you are? knowing how to use the right pedal I've made it plenty of times 45-55 minutes.

I don't think the airport itself sucks, awesome parking for $15/day, shuttle buses coming every 15 min and your through the security line in generally less than 5-7 minutes, then no more than 5 minutes to basically any one gate. Then its very rare for flight delays, not being as busy as ORD. ORD is the opposite, very rare to have an on-time.

I would admit i'm biased given almost every flight is free and now on year 2 with a free companion pass, but I'm trying to disregard that to see how people are swinging off ORD and ORD airlines.. :obama:

SWA has never once changed a flight, let alone changed the fucking day your flying and why my mind is blown with AA.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
United is by far the worst. The layout at O'Hare sucks. And they always seem to land, then drive around for a ½ hour before arriving at the gate. American sucks too.

And all the stupid add on fees....
Charges for checked bags,
so everyone now uses carry-ons,
so then overhead fills up before the plane is full,
so now they charge extra to let on earlier to you get a spot for your luggage.

Likeing Southwest more and more.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yup and don't give a fuck honestly..

The only way I can see people dealing with all that ORD bullshit is they are close to ORD, and even living next to ORD I probably still wouldn't do it.

:rofl: i wasn't talking to you, i was saying about the person complaining about landing and driving.

the one runway is like a mile from the gate i think. :rofl:

you couldn't pay me to drive to midway, from up here it's just too far, id rather fly out of ohare all day long, or rockford or madison, or milwaukee.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
About 10 years ago I flew Spirit because I found a ~$180 flight to Vegas. There can be nothing worse than that pile of shit airline. First and last time I ever flew a "budget" airline.

flew spirit for 80$ round trip to Miami.

1st flight of the day at 5/6 am....each time underbooked and half empty. Got a whole row both ways.

will do again.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
:rofl: i wasn't talking to you, i was saying about the person complaining about landing and driving.

the one runway is like a mile from the gate i think. :rofl:

you couldn't pay me to drive to midway, from up here it's just too far, id rather fly out of ohare all day long, or rockford or madison, or milwaukee.

agreed, just saying its not an excuse for ORD, if anything I don't think United is a bad airline if you remove all the ORD aspects that mostly contribute to the delays at the gateways, the delays trying to taxi out, the delays before you can taxi in etc.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I’ve flown Alaska exclusively for over ten years, even when I didn’t live in Alaska. I can only remember being bumped off once and that was my decision. No delays and amazing service. And they keep adding more and more destinations.

I’m telling you - Alaska Airlines is the way to go.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Crazy. I fly AA about 99.5% of my flights. I also fly pretty much every other week, if not more. I've never had that problem with them.

This is very much related to where you are flying. My problem is AA very likely did this because they couldn't jam the flight full and thus profit more. I have flown 1/2 empty flights many times on other airlines, it comes with the territory. AA has chosen to fuck people over so it'll just be a matter of time for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info