Cambridge Lakes (Pingree Grove)

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
My wife and myself have been looking at a home in Pingree Grove in the Cambridge Lakes Community. This is a new construction home already built single family house.
I'm wondering if anyone here is up in that area and what your experiences are in there?
Do you love it, Hate it?
Have you had any issues with your house?
How are the people around there?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
My wife and myself have been looking at a home in Pingree Grove in the Cambridge Lakes Community. This is a new construction home already built single family house.
I'm wondering if anyone here is up in that area and what your experiences are in there?
Do you love it, Hate it?
Have you had any issues with your house?
How are the people around there?
I live 10 minutes from there in Lakewood Crossing. I work primarily in construction (with concrete) and we've done a lot of work all around that subdivision. Right now we're working in the old folks area. I also think somebody on the forum actually lives there. HOA fees are around $250/month. So keep that in mind. The area is nice and they have a great community as well as I've heard from plenty of people that the schools are good as well.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I live 10 minutes from there in Lakewood Crossing. I work primarily in construction (with concrete) and we've done a lot of work all around that subdivision. Right now we're working in the old folks area. I also think somebody on the forum actually lives there. HOA fees are around $250/month. So keep that in mind. The area is nice and they have a great community as well as I've heard from plenty of people that the schools are good as well.

I had a down payment on a house in that subdivision but broke up with the ex and lost my damn earnest money.... :bowrofl:

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Single family home, should be okay. The community association fee is about 76 ( i'm in a townhome but should be the same ).

I have not heard of any riff raff or disturbances. I looked at a single family, the garage was small. 19'9 x 19'10 won't fit your truck. I would not move from my townhome into a SF in Pingree due to the garage space.

I don't really use the community center but there's a pool and workout area.
The grounds are kept clean and neat... the flowers etc leave something to be desired but that's all common areas etc. The sprinklers along wester are on a timer, and go on at odd times ( if you like to keep your vehicles clean ) half of them are point into the street :fu:

They have a calendar of events and try to make it inviting for homeowners and their children. Other than a few added stop signs, you can get around quickly.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
oh, my TH was built in 2009, the only issue was a slight roof leak @ a few damaged shingles... that was covered by the management company.

as for the people on the board in my area, their houses were built in 2012 and later...they have had some build quality issues ( or so i have heard in the meetings ).

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove

The HOA on the single family home is $77. The $250 is for the townhomes in that area since they do all the maintenance.
That is another big thing is the schools. Where we are at now, my daughter would go to Ellis (Elgin) and that isn't going to happen.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Single family home, should be okay. The community association fee is about 76 ( i'm in a townhome but should be the same ).

I have not heard of any riff raff or disturbances. I looked at a single family, the garage was small. 19'9 x 19'10 won't fit your truck. I would not move from my townhome into a SF in Pingree due to the garage space.

I don't really use the community center but there's a pool and workout area.
The grounds are kept clean and neat... the flowers etc leave something to be desired but that's all common areas etc. The sprinklers along wester are on a timer, and go on at odd times ( if you like to keep your vehicles clean ) half of them are point into the street :fu:

They have a calendar of events and try to make it inviting for homeowners and their children. Other than a few added stop signs, you can get around quickly.

The house we are looking at has a 3 car garage and it is big. It's also deep enough that my RAM will fit in it. We looked at that also. It will be close but it does fit with a little extra space.
That is a concern on some of the reviews we have read was the build quality.
We are going to go over the house with a fine tooth comb and still have an inspector come out before we close (if we get that far).

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Had a Cambridge home but in Cortland. Build quality was ok and we did have some issues. But I will say they fixed everything under warranty.

But fuck HOAs I'll never do that again. Also find out if there is SSA taxes there. That's another bunch of shit that builder does and it will fuck your tax bill.

Shadylady

Jul 17, 2017
I used to dispatch for Pingree Grove as 911 operator/police dispatch. In city limits, the crime was low, except for some repeat offenders with alcohol, drug, and domestic trouble. There were some "burglary to motor vehicles" however, they classify them as that even when doors were left unlocked and windows open. Overall, I'd feel safe living there. The officers were all very nice and receptive to extra patrol requests and resident requests. Most traffic stops were on rt. 72 at 47.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
The HOA on the single family home is $77. The $250 is for the townhomes in that area since they do all the maintenance.
That is another big thing is the schools. Where we are at now, my daughter would go to Ellis (Elgin) and that isn't going to happen.
:bigthumb: I went to several schools throughout my childhood. Dist. 300 (dundee crown and perry elementary), Dist. 240 (iirc- Sunny Hill Elementary, Barrington/Prairie Campus), U-46 (Garfield Elementary, Elgin High). I felt Dist 300 was worse. Then U-46. Never did go to Ellis though. Anything out of U-46 would basically be a win.

I heard the Pingree (Cambridge) schools were good as a lot of parents from my subdivision take their small kids there or Huntley.
I had a down payment on a house in that subdivision but broke up with the ex and lost my damn earnest money.... :bowrofl:
Ouch. I almost bought a townhouse in Talamore off 47 before my wife and I got married. Decided to wait since I wasn't sure if my contract was going to get renewed (if the company won the new bid). Glad I didn't. Plus paying 250/month on HOA fees is ridiculous. A year after my wife and I got married, we had a house built from Ryland Homes in Lakewood Crossing. Put down either $5k, or $9k as earnest money. Plus we also had incentives with these builders (also with many others) since we do contract work for them. Having a $34 HOA fee wasn't bad..... 3 years ago. Now it's at $45/month and may increase again.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ouch. I almost bought a townhouse in Talamore off 47 before my wife and I got married. Decided to wait since I wasn't sure if my contract was going to get renewed (if the company won the new bid). Glad I didn't. Plus paying 250/month on HOA fees is ridiculous. A year after my wife and I got married, we had a house built from Ryland Homes in Lakewood Crossing. Put down either $5k, or $9k as earnest money. Plus we also had incentives with these builders (also with many others) since we do contract work for them. Having a $34 HOA fee wasn't bad..... 3 years ago. Now it's at $45/month and may increase again.

It was worth every penny lost in the end. Found out the ex was nuts about a week after we put money down, and it was right before shit went south with the market. I would have lost my ass had I tried to sell my current house and move in there.

The only part that really pissed me off was that I called the front office before they broke ground and left a message because we broke up on a weekend, and they magically broke ground Monday morning before hearing my message. :fu:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It was worth every penny lost in the end. Found out the ex was nuts about a week after we put money down, and it was right before shit went south with the market. I would have lost my ass had I tried to sell my current house and move in there.

The only part that really pissed me off was that I called the front office before they broke ground and left a message because we broke up on a weekend, and they magically broke ground Monday morning before hearing my message. :fu:
Yea.... "magically" lol. I've had a couple crazy exes as well... On both sides of the spectrum. The over bearing clingy one that just couldn't get enough of your attention to the psycho nut job that lied by saying she was in the hospital (to grab my attention) albeit her POUNDING on my door at midnight, even though I had to get up at 3am. Then when I wouldn't answer the door, she threatened to mess up my Yukon Denali. The next day I broke it off with her.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
We originally looked at DR Horton in Cambridge lakes. We looked at the houses and it wasn't that windy of a day and all you could hear is wind noise. The price seemed pretty expensive. Plus the association fees were insane, just to use some of the amenities that they have. There are 3,000+ homes they are building there. Lots of cars flying up and down the street. We ended up looking at the Tuscany Woods homes in Hampshire about 3 miles West of there. Absolutely loved them. 300 houses in the entire neighborhood, $300 for the entire year for association and a similar house we payed $50,000 less for. Everything is so far so good. Maybe take a look in here and see if anything is available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info