Apple Guys In Here, Please

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My younger daughter wants an Apple watch for Christmas and I know nothing about Apple products. She's almost through with her nursing degree and says they are handy for her job.

Recommendations? Prices? Generation? Wait for Black Friday? I, most likely, don't want to spend more than $400 on it?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just gonna hijack an old Apple thread.

anybody here know if there’s a way to mirror an iPhone onto an iPad without using wifi? I found an app that works, but both devices need to be on the same wifi network.
This is an interesting notion. What is it you’re trying to do? I’m a bit curious.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
This is an interesting notion. What is it you’re trying to do? I’m a bit curious.
Father in law has an old wifi iPad that he wants to mount in his car but still be able to use navigation. Of course wifi only iPads don’t have navigation so he had a thought of just mirroring his iPhone on it

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Father in law has an old wifi iPad that he wants to mount in his car but still be able to use navigation. Of course wifi only iPads don’t have navigation so he had a thought of just mirroring his iPhone on it
That’s an interesting idea, basically making his own Apple Car Play.

I have an old iPad 2 that I connect to the car/truck using OBD2 so I can run various apps to monitor them (i.e. DashCommand).

I have a Bluetooth adapter but it’s really unstable. Sometimes it’ll maintain connection no problem, but more often than not it’ll lock up about five seconds after connection.

My backup is a Wi-Fi one, but if I connect my phone to it to use the apps all of the internet traffic gets routed that way, which of course is a dead end. So nothing else works, like navigation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info