Looking for a shop space

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
It does. Been wanting to do something like this for years but no one seems interested or are way too far away. Car Cave was always awesome IMO.

Around 1500 sq ft with heat is all I would need. Plainfield, Joliet, Aurora, Oswego areas preferred. Appreciate Amy leads or info:wavey:

We should be friends again..... errr buddies, yeah buddies

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
It does. Been wanting to do something like this for years but no one seems interested or are way too far away. Car Cave was always awesome IMO.

I found a 20x55 space right off 55 by rt 30. 325$ each a month....lmk it'd just be me and you obviously. If this falls through with the other guys. They're dragging their feet it seems.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

right? 1100 square feet for $325 a month. fuck. that's awesome.

id be all in

That's $770 at the units by BK and you get zero outside parking.

For a $1,300/mo mortgage I can buy a 2,800 sq/ft building in McHenry with 10 outdoor parking spots, loading dock, etc.

And it's actually like less than a mile from your house. Right behind the Jewel on 120 off Oak Dr.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think its $650 (325$ each a month)

ah that makes more sense.

That's $770 at the units by BK and you get zero outside parking.

For a $1,300/mo mortgage I can buy a 2,800 sq/ft building in McHenry with 10 outdoor parking spots, loading dock, etc.

And it's actually like less than a mile from your house. Right behind the Jewel on 120 off Oak Dr.

no shit. i wonder how easy/hard it is to get financed on something like that though too...

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
no shit. i wonder how easy/hard it is to get financed on something like that though too...

Not hard at all, I'm doing a walk through soon-ish here, need to measure some things and see how the square footage can be utilized. This is hinging on me and my partner wanting to go through with this kind of a move, but, currently we're confined to 2-10x20 storage units and a 13'x60' semi space at an outdoor yard. Not ideal, and, paying close to $450/mo just for that.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
yeah i just feel like a mortgage without a pretty hefty downpayment on something that isn't a primary residence isn't that easy to come by, especially without a verifiable income stream related to what the property will be used for.

It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to have at least some sort of a verifiable income stream from it. I'd put 20% down per usual, upside is more space and equity in the building, downside is that money isn't available for purchasing inventory. I'm in no hurry to nail anything down, as of December 5th there aren't any worthwhile auctions in this region until a few months into next year, so, no extreme need for space just yet.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My dad and I were interested in renting a smaller shop just to store our stuff and friends a few years ago in the winter. IDK what is was but the moment one of us said cars or storage they were not interested. Probably thought we were going to operate a chop shop out of it or something. He ended up renting something next to his shop but probably only because he knows the owner.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My dad and I were interested in renting a smaller shop just to store our stuff and friends a few years ago in the winter. IDK what is was but the moment one of us said cars or storage they were not interested. Probably thought we were going to operate a chop shop out of it or something. He ended up renting something next to his shop but probably only because he knows the owner.

i think places are apprehensive of that as well, because it's seasonal, unless you were planning to rent it year round.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
And/or perhaps having fuel, oil, etc, in there. In some cases there are zoning for certain usages.

Chicago is really bad (shocker). If you take your car down to McCormick place or any place where it's inside, the tank has to be less than a 1/4 tank, and a few other stipulations... Again, silly zoning/ordinance type shit I'm sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info