Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I upgraded to a Samsung curved monitor for my home office over the summer (model #cf398). When using Chrome, it really seems like images and the picture in general is "soft" and when viewing images on FB, search, etc...the quality seems a bit on the low side.

My monitor at the office with just a basic dell tower seems to produce a better picture. My home computer is built and I'm rocking a gtx 1070...is there a setting Im maybe missing or turned off by accident? I did a quick search and no one is really complaining about this issue (other than the monitor being just decent overall).

Seems like its gotta be something stupid I'm missing.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
What resolution and refresh rate are you running at? Go to Windows Settings (Winkey+I), then select "Display" (top option on left). Take note of the resolution. Then scroll down a bit and click on "Display adapter properties" and click on the "Monitor" tab. Take note of the refresh rate.

It could be that the HDMI cable isn't enough and you might need to go with a DisplayPort cable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info