Wheaton, Illinois
Ouch RIP!. Thats a heavy hit.

2473334_630x354.jpg

2473335_630x354.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm VERY curious for the full story still.

The casualty was a woman in her early 20's (Trapped and burned alive in the car, couldn't get her out before fire consumed the car).

The black camaro was being driven by someone in her 60's under the influence apparently (Rear ended the accord at a high rate of speed). They are in the hospital, but were responsive on scene.

If that's a Wheaton local, they are going to wish they were dead after claiming someones life like this if they were seriously DUI.

We happened to drive around the crash site because we were out and about, they had a LOT closed down because they couldn't get the body out of the car for some time...

These kinds of accidents always horrify me, because this is that nightmare scenario of "No matter how good of a driver you may think you are, someone could always still hit you".

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I'm VERY curious for the full story still.

The casualty was a woman in her early 20's (Trapped and burned alive in the car, couldn't get her out before fire consumed the car).

The black camaro was being driven by someone in her 60's under the influence apparently (Rear ended the accord at a high rate of speed). They are in the hospital, but were responsive on scene.

If that's a Wheaton local, they are going to wish they were dead after claiming someones life like this if they were seriously DUI.

We happened to drive around the crash site because we were out and about, they had a LOT closed down because they couldn't get the body out of the car for some time...

Correct i was over by the scene around noon and then around 600PM. As of that time road was still closed from Naperville Road to Briarcliff. Did not hear women in 60s wow. I did hear doing about 100mph. But not sure if that is true or not. Kind of early for a DUI no?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
unreal, RIP :(

I was on a 55 mph section of rt 20 today and a bike came flying (probably good 110-120) oncoming, in my lane trying to pass a LINE of cars, I was only doing 55 in the vette but its a stretch of road where people can be moving much faster, figure it could have been a 200 mph total speed collision if someone were to be going 80-85 and nailed that guy.

He was playing poker with the grim reaper and darwin today and lucked out on the river. :picard:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Correct i was over by the scene around noon and then around 600PM. As of that time road was still closed from Naperville Road to Briarcliff. Did not hear women in 60s wow. I did hear doing about 100mph. But not sure if that is true or not. Kind of early for a DUI no?

Originally someone was saying the lady was in her 70's, then someone on FB was live streaming the radio chatter earlier today.

I have to assume alcohol or drugs is involved for someone who isn't in their 20's doing something immensely stupid in their car in traffic in the middle of the day. (As in it doesn't take Alcohol or Drugs for someone younger to do something stupid :roflpicard:)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
A couple of Eye Witnesses have confirmed that the at-fault driver was an elderly woman who was inebriated. Was Hostile with officers and paramedics on the scene, tried getting back in her car to leave (as if that car was going anywhere).

Apparently she was also seen speeding into on-coming on 53 shortly before the accident.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
A couple of Eye Witnesses have confirmed that the at-fault driver was an elderly woman who was inebriated. Was Hostile with officers and paramedics on the scene, tried getting back in her car to leave (as if that car was going anywhere).

Apparently she was also seen speeding into on-coming on 53 shortly before the accident.

It will be interesting to see what toxicology shows. Maybe she was hypoglycemic. Either way sad day and a shitty way to die. If she really was that shitfaced at 11AM what a fckn mess.

BigJohnson

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2013

Can't say for sure without tox report though. The average person wouldn't be able to tell if she had dementia/low blood sugar/stroke. All to an untrained eye could pass off as signs of inhebreation. Not defending her but always wait til the facts are in ink

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Can't say for sure without tox report though. The average person wouldn't be able to tell if she had dementia/low blood sugar/stroke. All to an untrained eye could pass off as signs of inhebreation. Not defending her but always wait til the facts are in ink

Stroke could be seen by facial drooping, inability to speak, severe weakness,lethargic.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
But the confusion and slurred speech would to some people appear to be intoxication. I'm a ff/pm so I've seen a bunch.

Driving head on into traffic, and then rear ending someone doing near triple digit speeds blocks away, sounds like something wasn't right that wasn't Health or confusion related.

I'm still waiting to find out more

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
135 mph? Seems a little crazy.

https://patch.com/illinois/wheaton/...sts&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

WHEATON, IL — A Warrenville man has been charged with reckless homicide in the aftermath of a fiery crash that claimed the life of a young woman in Wheaton early Saturday afternoon. Data from the black box of the driver's Camaro shows that Brian Thunderkick, 62, of 2S644 Pierre Curie Lane, had accelerated to 135 mph before the crash took place near the intersection of Naperville and Butterfield Roads, police say. The victim has been identified as Erika Villagomez, 23.

Police responded to a report of a fatal crash at approximately 11 a.m. to find the Honda Accord driven by Villagomez engulfed in flames. Villagomez was pronounced dead at the scene and Thunderkick was taken into custody. Butterfield Road was closed near the site of the crash as DuPage Accident Reconstruction Task Force conducted an extensive investigation.

"On Saturday, despite the heroic efforts of citizens and law enforcement, Erika Villagomez’s life came to a horrible, fiery end all because Mr. Thunderkick allegedly wanted to see how fast he could drive," DuPage County State's Attorney Robert Berlin said as he offered his condolences to the victim's family after the sentencing.

Berlin added, “Mr. Thunderkick’s outrageous behavior and apparent disregard for public safety, as alleged in this case, will not be tolerated and will be met with the full force of the law."

Thunderkick is being held at DuPage County Jail on $150,000 bond. He is set to appear in court on October 30.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info