longest headache ever?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Previously mine would have been probably around 24 hours and that's after the gnarliest night out. Seemingly on the 5th full day of low to moderate headache, intensity varying throughout but very few times it felt like no headache existed.

Hit the urgent care Monday morning and blood pressure was higher than the normal high, got that back down to the normal high, and even to real normal levels w/ medication over a couple days. Grabbed a script yesterday for full blood/urine panel so just donated 4 big vials and a cup of pee. Best case is just deficient in something but hopefully should find out Friday if lab work gets to dr and dr is available.

I knew some people get crazy migraines that can last a full day, but research shows I guess week long headaches exist along with people that claim they have perpetual headaches :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
my diet has been fairly consistent, which is basically blending veg/fruits morning and lunch, then pretty random for dinners. This heat was a fuckin joke but I drink a ton of water every day. I was outside washing the car and did drink that day/night before but not more than I would normally drink and I rarely get hangovers/headaches these days (probably more so cause tolerance is up), but either way obviously I haven't since and don't think its related unless its the straw and camel. Very open with my doctors so we'll see what this lab data comes back as.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Thought about that but never experienced even a little bit of caffeine withdrawl... and I usually will drink a whole pot per morning, maybe for several mornings, then go like 4 mornings with zero. My significant does get caffeine withdraw so I know its possible in some people. I'm pretty keen to stuff like that but maybe the body can change. I also haven't had any caffeine since last week outside a couple soft drinks. I thought about adding stuff back to the diet to see if anything magically takes the headache away. Like a beer or coffee etc.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Not to scare you but my cousin just had a tumor pulled out of his brain. Had a headache for two weeks straight. Really healthy guy. Then one night he felt like shit at hockey practice and decided to take a break and collapsed heading back to the locker room. Went to ER and the did a CT scan and found the mass and operated on a sunday.

Pretty messed up how life can be sometimes.
Good luck

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Yes that's the worst case but all the providers will say not to worry about that but I'll be ready to jump in line for CT/MRI if needed.

Stress was the other factor that could lead to something like this, although hard to comprehend that physical reaction for that long, to stress. I have been working to reduce it in many ways whether its related or not.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yes.

I've been trying to drink a lot more water too. But when I go without a Diet Coke (my poison), I note that I have headaches. A Co-worker I used to work with completely cut out soda and right away started having headaches. So instead of cutting cold turkey, he ended up phasing it out.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I've cut cold turkey with all soft drinks for about 3 months. No withdrawals besides the feeling of needing a coke or something. Tasted like shit when I started drinking pop again.

As for headaches and/or migraines. I get them frequently. I've had some last weeks. When I was younger (approximately 12) I'd get frequent migraines. Now it's not nearly as much. Just every so often. My cousin on the other hand gets them daily since she was a kid. She's had plenty of tests done and the doctors can't figure out why. She's in her upper 30's and had to deal with it all the time.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Not to scare you but my cousin just had a tumor pulled out of his brain. Had a headache for two weeks straight. Really healthy guy. Then one night he felt like shit at hockey practice and decided to take a break and collapsed heading back to the locker room. Went to ER and the did a CT scan and found the mass and operated on a sunday.

Pretty messed up how life can be sometimes.
Good luck

surgery was a success and on the road to recovery?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I've had some nasty headaches, I will get a migraines a few times a year and you definitely know you have one. You can't do shit, can't think shit you just want to crawl up into a ball and go to sleep.

I've had nasty sinus headaches last a few days, I had one the other day where it lasted the whole day. After about hour 9 or 10 you kind of get used to them.

The sinus headaches you can tell because it almost feels like a cold or allergies, your stuffed up or eyes watering etc.

Not to scare you but if you just had a normal headache for several days strait I'd go to the Dr. and spend the coin on a CT or MRI even it's just for the piece of mind.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Correct, symptoms didn't change when the blood pressure was down, the duration between the higher intensity seems to be getting longer. I've been masking it with around 600 ibuprofen doses twice a day. I'll know tomorrow morning first thing as its a small bump in intensity then creeps down to low intensity and periods where you don't notice it. One thing to trigger it was bending down didn't notice as much today as I tried to keep physical activity low.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
158/113 at 75 was the highest of the 3-4x we took throughout the short stay to get an average, my bottom # is usually my concern being high 80's or more so lower 90's.

Either this is the new chart or one will be circulating where they lower these categories.

blood-pressure-chart-hi-res1-e1483844734208.jpg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I had a migraine headache for 5 days and on the 4th day I needed a drink and went out for beers with co workers and the next morning I woke with a small rash above my eyebrow. I went to the doctor and it turned out to be shingles in my right eye. I'm still taking eye drops and it's been over a year.

Fuck me right

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info