Fall sickness time - what meds do you take?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Always keeping my eye out for new remedies and or meds for curing my annual fall and spring time (seasonal swing) sicknesses that I get. Yesterday I felt 100% when I got to work, but by the end of the day, my sinuses were draining like crazy, my throat was raw and my brain felt like it was filled with snot.

What do you guys lean on for this kind of sick? Sometimes I do dayquil/nyquil, but yesterday it didn't seem to put a dent in the sinus drainage issue.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I always feel fine and home then feel like dog shit when I get to work. IDK if it is the train or this office. Maybe the mold is growing again in the office.

It's amazing the health difference I've seen in not riding the train or being in Chicago anymore.

I've come to just deal with my allergies. The only thing I've found that works in the slightest is Mucinex.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I always feel fine at home then feel like dog shit when I get to work. IDK if it is the train or this office. Maybe the mold is growing again in the office.

No doubt this happens to me too sometimes. Not sure if its in the office at all... but who knows. I'd be quicker to blame the Metra's confined places and commuters who for whatever reason decide they need to come to work when they're sick.

But in this case, its prob just allergies striking me down today.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
there was a news story about the bacteria and germs floating around on Metra trains, and hvac air filters were caked with dust. Its basically a rolling petri dish.

I just got over slight fever with post nasal drip, then turned to sinus congestion and chest congestion. About a week later i'm back to 90%. Ibuprofen and Mucinex gave me some relief.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu. I buy the two pack with both AM and PM. Sometimes I'm cheap and buy the Walgreens brand knockoff if it's on sale. Seems to work just as well.

Everyone in my office is sick. Yesterday morning I stopped and bought some Clorox disinfecting wipes and wiped down my desk, keyboard, phone, and mouse. It won't help with whatever is airborne but hopefully I can avoid whatever is going around.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I have horrible ragweed allergies. I'm a wreck for a few weeks every fall. I have found some help:

A shot of apple cider vinegar. It sucks, but man up and take it. No worse than a shot of shitty alcohol.

I have a power flush deal for my nose. Like a netti pot, but powered. It's like a water pick. I do that with a saliene solution 2x a day.

Then Claritin and sometimes Benadryl before bed if I'm really bad.

All that has kept me from getting a sinus infection. Before I would do this I would get a horrible sinus infection because nothing got out.

The apple cider vinegar provides damn near instant relief and really helps. You may feel like you're gonna throw up though. I would recommend doing it on an empty stomach and chasing with water.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I have horrible ragweed allergies. I'm a wreck for a few weeks every fall. I have found some help:

A shot of apple cider vinegar. It sucks, but man up and take it. No worse than a shot of shitty alcohol.

I have a power flush deal for my nose. Like a netti pot, but powered. It's like a water pick. I do that with a saliene solution 2x a day.

Then Claritin and sometimes Benadryl before bed if I'm really bad.

All that has kept me from getting a sinus infection. Before I would do this I would get a horrible sinus infection because nothing got out.

The apple cider vinegar provides damn near instant relief and really helps. You may feel like you're gonna throw up though. I would recommend doing it on an empty stomach and chasing with water.

I love me some apple cider vinegar actually. Gonna do that now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info