DAY CARE... let's talk about it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You should have signed an agreement with the day care facility? See what it says. If there's nothing in the agreement, you may be able to negotiate.

I think the day care may be right when they want to be paid because they do have to have the teachers/staff in place whether your child is there or not.

Do you want to make waves over this?

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
That's how it worked with the old one we used. They basically held that spot and turned additional business away anticipating your kid would show up when it was agreed upon. So you pay for it because they're still holding the spot for him.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Our kids daycare is the same
They are sick...holiday... etc we pay the same amount
We get 1week a year where we don’t have to pay and they don’t go
But it sucks for things like thanksgiving. They close Thur/fri and leave early wed and we still pay the full amount

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I used to pay 1k a month for daycare for our 2 boys

25 per day, 250 a week rain shine sleet snow sick or not

it has to be reliable income for the daycare so i get it.

However i always had in home daycare i refuse to send my children to an "institution" daycare f all that noise.

not a pay as you use it burner phone :rofl: type deal its a BILL use it or not same with pretty much every other BILL.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I used to pay 1k a month for daycare for our 2 boys

25 per day, 250 a week rain shine sleet snow sick or not

it has to be reliable income for the daycare so i get it.

However i always had in home daycare i refuse to send my children to an "institution" daycare f all that noise.

not a pay as you use it burner phone :rofl: type deal its a BILL use it or not same with pretty much every other BILL.
I pay 250 a week for 1 child and I heard that was cheap.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
we got a nanny off care dot com

$300/week
$60/day

only paid for time watched.
she will also does light house cleaning, like vacuuming & the kids laundry/towels/linens ect.

--------------------------------------------------

some of the other ones that we found wanted like 500-600 a week! and paid half wage on days that the nanny isnt needed, AND... paid vacation time.... wow

thank god my mother and the wifes mother will be retiring this next year!

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Absolutely nuts. At what point does someone just go "you know what? being a stay at home mom/dad is a better alternative to paying a G note (plus) a month to watch my fuckin kids"?

Is that money really worth the time for someone else to raise your kids?

I stayed home with my youngest for 6 months (was also out of work)
it's hard to beat the education they get at school and they get to socialize. I think they learn some good life learning skills.
But I'm basically working for daycare and child support. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info