Chicago not as Sh*tty as San Diego?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
California. Land of "We don't need to be vaccinated" is now the land of poop in the streets.

A Hepatitis A outbreak in San Diego is being linked to poor sanitary conditions in the city. Namely, a growing population of homeless people are defecating and urinating in the streets. Officials are blaming a lack of public toilets for the problem. They say the toilets are too expensive to build and maintain. San Diego tried to get corporate sponsorship but corps did not want to sponsor "toilets". San Diego also has a sign ordinance that prevents them putting up signs directing people to the existing public toilets. So they go in the streets.

s San Diego officials scramble to stop a deadly hepatitis A outbreak linked to a lack of downtown public restrooms, they can’t say they weren’t warned.

A U-T Watchdog review of public records found that since 2000, four grand jury reports attempted to steer attention to the risks posed by human waste on city streets and a shortage of toilets available for use by the city’s growing homeless population...

...reports called on the city to either add more all-hours, publicly available restrooms or bolster its street cleaning regimen to ensure the public would not be exposed to human waste.

Health officials say such exposure helped fuel San Diego’s growing outbreak, which has left 16 people dead and more than 300 who required hospitalization. Since November, San Diego has seen 444 hepatitis A cases — as many as the combined total reported by California, Texas and New York in all of 2015, the most recent year for which statewide data is available.

This month, San Diego undertook both grand jury-recommended steps in earnest — new bathrooms and street cleaning — after the outbreak garnered international media attention. Adding two new restrooms brought downtown San Diego to a new total of 21.

San Diego officials were warned about restroom shortage repeatedly before hepatitis outbreak - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Few bathrooms, no signs directing people to them, dangerous criminal elements hanging out in them and people refusing vaccinations for their kids at the same time. What an enlightened land California is today.

tents_tx700.png

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I loved San Diego, but I lived there '82-'83.
The bus's allowed surf boards, and had bicycle racks.
Until I got a car, it was the only way to go surfing!!!

Of course back then, freaks & **** were in hiding, the homeless weren't allowed near our bases,
so I never had any issues with them crapping on the sidewalks!!!!!
When I moved off base, I did have to deal with helicopters flying over all night, and some loser murdering a bunch of people at the McDonald's I ate at.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I've never seen so many homeless people in my life like San Diego. But if I were homeless...I gotta say it would be at the top of my list...

Yeah, I've never understood why homeless people stay in places like Chicago and try to survive the winter. Go to Texas, Cali, etc and enjoy the weather/supposedly-charitable liberals.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
When I was in San Diego this past December, I didn't notice any large amount of homeless people. It was similar to downtown Chicago. I was downtown/gaslamp quarter. Coronado was nice too...I can't believe what those shitbox shacks sell for on that island.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info