McGrath Acura Morton Grove

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
Below is a copy and paste of a complain I sent to the General and Sales managers at McGrath Acura, based on our experience last night.

I'd like to make a complaint about your scum bag sales management that was on duty last night. But first I'd like to list all of the cars that my family has purchased from your dealership the the past 7 years.

2009 - 2010 RDX
2011 - 2011 MDX
2013 - 2014 MDX

All three of these cars, two of which we still have were up until now serviced exclusively at McGrath Acura.

So last night we came in after speaking with Anthony over the phone about selling our '14 MDX. The intention was to possibly just sell the car and not necessarily buy anything. Anthony was not there but Rashad (I'm possibly spelling that wrong) was and knew we were coming. After a nothing but pleasant experience with Rashad, some sales management types got involved. This was where it all went down hill. After trying to make it clear we were absolutely not buying a car "right now" they didn't seem to want to take no for an answer. A heavy set red headed guy with glasses came over to the desk and asked a few questions then said he'd be right back "he went to see what he can do". At that point I gave my wife the key to our car and told her we're leaving but I'm at least going to give them the courtesy of a good bye. I figured you guys have our contact info, if we can work out a trade and sale over the next couple days then great! This was when it became clear that these guys just won't take no for an answer. Another red headed guy, thinner with glasses sitting behind the counter started asking questions that I could tell were just to get me to stay. I told him listen, we're leaving, you have our number, call us. I then started to walk away and heard him saying several things like, "It's fucking customers like you that....."
I work with truck drivers all day and I'm very hard to offend and I can actually care less what the guy said.

But then it got really weird after that. As we were set to pull out and make a left on the Waukegan Rd. a blue TLX A-Spec with dealer plates sped up behind us. We both turned left at the same time and all the way to Dempster he aggressively tried to get around us. To me it was sort of comical but my wife was terrified. After we made the right on Dempster I was in the middle lane and the the blue TLX passed us on the right and the thinner red headed guy with glasses was the guy driving, he flashed us a dirty look. The whole thing seemed to me absolutely ridiculous and seriously unprofessional.

Based on your Yelp reviews (which I will add to) this seems be the SOP with you guys. So something tells me this complaint is meaningless.

That said you'd seen the last of us.

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
If you bought 10 cars or 1 car from them doesn't matter. What DID matter was you weren't buying a car from them right then and there. So why go out of his way to help?

I hate pretty much every car dealer...

A little patients and they probably would have sold a car by the end of the week. I'll probably just get a Civic instead. 9k cheaper, better on gas and pretty much the same as the ILX. I'm looking for an appliance, the Honda will do.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
$100 says I never go back.

that's fine and dandy.

it's just shit dealers everywhere that really, truthfully don't care.

it's pretty abysmal.

dude at the honduh dealer in gurnee decided to tell my fiance about how much he hated being married and how it was the worst decision of his life as we sat there instead of locating a vehicle.

that was fun.

and then just fucking didn't locate a vehicle in 5 days :rofl:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
A little patients and they probably would have sold a car by the end of the week. I'll probably just get a Civic instead. 9k cheaper, better on gas and pretty much the same as the ILX. I'm looking for an appliance, the Honda will do.

I got a new civic hatch with honda sense. It’s actually pretty nice little DD

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
So you're going back tomorrow then?

That was before we started dating. She luckily did some investigation and got a second opinion at Motor Werks, which informed her properly.

We've been back to Scumburg Honduh, because they have good service hours. But I take it, and obviously don't get duped by shady service writers.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Dealers are the worst. I called the other day on a car with a $329.99 monthly lease with $2995 down plus first month's payment. So the sales lady I'm talking to wants my phone number and all that even though I'm just calling to ask for the drive-off total. Should have been the first sign of trouble. She says she'll text me the numbers.

An hour later I get a text and she says the final numbers are $329.99 a month plus $5300 drive-off. WUT? :rofl: $2,300 in extra fees? Go pound sand. These people are horrible. I like to think I try to find the best in people but if you're a human being putting other human beings through this kind of nonsense you're just not good.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
For my purchases, I go to John at AP Ford. Nothing to discuss, hands down best service and deals.

If John doesn't have a vehicle that works, then I need to shop around. Case in point, earlier this year my wife wanted a new Honda Pilot. After hitting multiple Honda dealerships, we had a good experience Valley Honda of Joliet.

But, I would say see what John has first.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Gotta say, I must be very lucky. 2 new Hondas and a new Ford in the last 3 years and they all went very smoothly. Last one was with an out of town dealer and entirely by text/phone, too.

My wife has been eyeing the Model X a lot lately. We'll see how that goes soon. First visit to the local dealer has been promising as far as sales staff experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info