Hit a deer? Share your expierence.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
for whatever reason I joined a WI car enthusiast fb group and there is a thread about hitting deer (go figure right :rofl: )

Anyways only deer I hit was in a friends car in '04, happened traveling west on golf road right before 59. It was probably 2-3am so figured we continue to drive the remainder of the 5-7 miles head out the side window :run:

21430550_10209893154421985_416571056043134342_n.jpg

VmsiRYx.gif

Last edited:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Haven't hit a deer but hit a skunk. Luckily for us, when we ran it over, the guts flew perfectly away from the car. We stopped at a gas station to check it out (access damage and/or clean the gunk) and there wasn't anything there besides a few blood drops.

Here's a deer story. We were working in Wauconda, and somebody hit a deer before we started working off Bonner Rd (iirc). A couple workers grabbed the bosses pickup truck, threw the deer in the bed of the truck, and brought it back to the job site. We got the driveway we had to pour ready, and then used the machine to put the deer in our empty 6 wheeler. A few of the workers jumped in the 6 wheeler and laid out plastic all over and uner the deer and they gutted it and split up the meat.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Back before there was an I-355, we used to take Bell to RT 83 to get north.
I was in a S-10 and nailed a pretty big deer flush heading to work on Bell Rd.
Totally destroyed the front end, pushed the radiator into the engine.
When I say I hit the deer flush, I mean flush.

Lucky I was wearing a belt, it was definitely a hard hit.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Back before there was an I-355, we used to take Bell to RT 83 to get north.
I was in a S-10 and nailed a pretty big deer flush heading to work on Bell Rd.
Totally destroyed the front end, pushed the radiator into the engine.
When I say I hit the deer flush, I mean flush.

Lucky I was wearing a belt, it was definitely a hard hit.

I have alway been a fan of small trucks.

Did the S10 have the 2.8 v6 or a 4 banger?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Hit a dear in my past Cruze on 47 near Yorkville. It was early in the morning like 5:30am. Came out of no where, even with me swerving and only damaging the drivers side of the vehicle, still caused about 7000 in damage.

New headlight, front fender, front and rear door, rear panel, misc scratches etc.

Scared the shit out of me. Last second I just saw these giant antlers out of my side vision.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
97 F250 460 4x4 early am before sunrise 65mph Buck jumped the road at the wrong time buck never had a chance clipped hind quarters with corner of the bumper. You really couldn't tell any damage occurred just the little piece of metal at the top behind top of the bumper had a bend in it. Went and found him in the thicket got his horns, nice 10 pointer.

Hit another one just barely, was getting off I94 @hwy 50 late at night it was on standing on the off ramp "deer in the headlights" I stopped just in time at it but still made contact and knocked it on its ass. Broke a corner light on my 92 gt deer was fine.:jg:

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

It was the POS 2.8. I was very ignorant back then about S-10's, and didn't know how crappy they were with the 2.8.
I bought it because it came with a work cap & ladder rack.
A customer of mine had the S-10 with the 4.3 and it was twice as strong, twice as reliable.
Mine smoked the trans, probably because of all the weight I hauled around.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Had one jump over the guard rail on County Line Rd near Ridge Rd in Barrington when I was driving a 20' box truck when I was a parts driver. Bastard cleared the rail and landed on the A pillar while I was doing 45-50 mph, broke the window, decimated the passenger mirror and tore off the corner cap of the box. Almost tore its head all the way off when it landed back on the guard rail.

Clipped one on a snowmobile on the trails between Minoqua and Rhinelander. The skis caught the back legs as it was running across the trail and the ass end caught me in the shoulder and knocked me off the sled. Not as bad as it could of been and I was lucky I just came out of a turn, I've been hit harder playing football.

Tore one to pieces when I hit one at about 60 mph while driving a '96 International with a reinforced pusher type bumper. Caught it in the ribs with the corner of the bumper, passenger tire and lug nuts shredded the front half, back half got stuck between what was left of the fender and the bumper as the front was being torn apart by the tire while I slowed down. The truck looked like I drove thru a heard of zombies by the time I pulled over and we had to use a chain hoist to get the carcass unstuck, it was fucking disgusting.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

The funniest story I ever heard was my buddy when we were stationed in San Diego.
Didn't show up for duty on Monday.
Showed up a couple of days later with a new car.
Took his wife to Mexico, and they hit a horse and killed it.
It crapped all over his wife, and the police held them until they paid for the horse,
even though it went running across a road unexpectedly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info