finally a tv upgrade

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
had my 8 year old only 55" on the wall for what seemed to be eternity.
Wife and I finally had enough and wanted something a little nicer so we can move this into another room. Came home with a 75" vizio m75-e1. Never used a vizio before so will be interesting to see how it pans out. Always had bad luck with samsung so I tried to avoid it
I can't believe how much the price has dropped on these. less than 2200 out the door from samsclub. Target has the same one for $2499. They had an 80" vizio but the active LED zones were only 16 compared to the 32 on the 75.
I don't plan on buying another tv for hopefully another 8 years or more. Strapped it to the roof of the truck and threw it on the wall and had it up and updated in 30min. So far I like it a lot.
They did say that you had to use your phone for the smartcast apps but with the update it did when we first turned it on they are now preloaded to the tv so you don't need your phone.
the only thing I dislike thus far is that the remote isn't backlit. Oh an there is no energy star rating so we will see if the bill goes way up. can't imagine it will

have you guys had good luck with vizio?

Attachments

• tv.JPG
    tv.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 66

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Vizio is your best bet for getting into the 4k world, imo. For the money at least.

Last year we got a 65" 4K hdr LG at sams for $800 for the other room.
Was amazing difference over the 36" 12 year old 720p that was there. Lol

My brother in law swears by Samsung and I swear at them.
I had 2 go bad, my brother had 1 or 2 go bad and my dad had 1 or 2 of them go bad as well.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Never had a problem with Samsung. DLP bulb went out but thats about it.

Ive got a 42in Vizio in the bedroom which has been rock solid. I'm shocked my Sharp has been as good as its been, seeing as how (I believe) it was the first year ANY 80inch was offered to consumers.

But the LG, god damn.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Vizio is your best bet for getting into the 4k world, imo. For the money at least.

I got a 60'' samsung 4k about 5 months ago for about $400 out of pocket and couldn't be happier. I think i paid $799 for the TV, got a $100 gift card with it which i sold, and then sold the 55 inch plasma i had for 8 years for $300.

Great picture compared to the other TVs in stores which i shopped around first. I won't be picking another up for a while, unless something happens to this one, which i've never had a problem with any of the about 4 samsung TVs ive owned.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Never had a problem with Samsung. DLP bulb went out but thats about it.

Ive got a 42in Vizio in the bedroom which has been rock solid. I'm shocked my Sharp has been as good as its been, seeing as how (I believe) it was the first year ANY 80inch was offered to consumers.

But the LG, god damn.

Not to change the subject, but why does your avatar look like a young [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info