where'd you go for the best vacation you have ever taken?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
We had a real good time in New Orleans. Stayed for a couple days in the quarter, then to a rental house over Lake Pontchartrain that was awesome.

Other than that, I really like road trip vacations. To anywhere, but somewhere new is best.

I've been to Germany and Australia... And while it's sort of interesting to see their history, I much more enjoy seeing and learning about my own here at home.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i can't pick just one because trips are good for different reasons.

i like trips where i get to drive.

dirtfish was really fun (and pricey) and seattle is pretty and nice (although if i lived up there, i'd prefer vancouver)

a buddy and i drove all over germany which was fun, and included a rental for the nurburgring

a buddy and i had fun doing some car/kart stuff in abu dhabi, some unique things there to drive on an f1 track - i've been back and now kinda driven them all. outside of that though there is not a lot to do/see in UAE imho worth doing.

not driving -

i really like istanbul, it's a cool old city with lots to see. and i like cats, and they are literally everywhere. if you go out for a coffee you're going to see 5 cats because it is a city of cats.

i did a volentourism program in south africa with cheetahs. they were super fun to hang out with.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Ft. Meyers beach. Spot wasn't awesome, first "real" vacation with friends is what made it fun. Rented minivan, installed trailer hitch, towed jet-ski's down, one fell off the trailer, got minivan stuck on launch ramp, sank a ski, etc etc... Good times :rofl:

My coolest trip so far for scenery was Manitou/ Lake George out in Colorado.

Coolest "adventure" trip was two weeks in boundary waters.

I literally road trip somewhere 1-2 times a month, so, I really don't go on any cool "destination" vacations, but, last year I did 19 states behind the wheel so that was pretty cool.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
right after Highschool my group of friends went on our Sr. trip to Cancun. not sure why but we were the only ones from our school that went that week, everyone else went the week after, which was odd. but didn't care as i was with all my friends either way.

really have not been on a true vacation sence then. its all been little trips here and there with the family someplace close.

we need a vacation.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Grand Cayman was nice as a summery type place. Perth was great, although I wish I would have been able to hit up the southeast of Oz as well. Hawaii was ok but it would have been great if I had gotten off Oahu. Verbier was a great winter vacation.

Hong Kong was tons of fun and interesting but I don't think I have a whole lot of fun when the "vacation" ends up being so much hustle and bustle.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Australia as a youngster. Toured Sydney for a couple of days, went to Sega World which was awesome. Then went north to the tropical/resort city of Cairns. Took tours in the rainforest, saw some saltwater crocs, snorkeled the Barrier Reef.

I was only 12 when I did it, so I couldn't truly appreciate it, but still it was awesome. Plane ride was ROUGH though. ~16 hours in the air from LA to Sydney...woof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info