Anyone use Direct Diesel in Manteno???

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

To be honest, they were very young. I bet they don;t deal with the '95 very often??
I recently learned my truck is the 1st turbo 7.3, 92-94 were non turbo, and 1st year models always have weird growing pains :(

Of course with my luck, it's not a scan and replace a part deal, and so far nobody can figure it out.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Yep, driving and died. Gave it a squirt, ran rough, cleared up and drove about 2 blocks.
Died again, gave it a squirt, ran rough, made it about 2 blocks, died again.
Hasn't started since and I replaced all the parts I'm able to and got tired of pissing into the wind with out the proper scanner & knowledge.
Had 3 guys work on it, none of them can figure it out.

Just dropped it off at EJ Equipment.
One of the guys I race with knows the International mechanic there, so I'm hoping he has a clue!!!

Thanks for the help guys!!

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Nope, when I replaced the tanks we threw that nasty ass fuel in the pressure washer.
The tanks, trans, brakes were replaced last summer.
This summer I did the starter, fuel pump, H2O pump, alternator, pulleys, fuel heater, IPR.

This just happened out of the blue.
Driving fine, heading to a job and all this just happened.
Hell I had just made a dozen trips towing my heavy ass mini-stacker moving into my new shop.

I buy fuel 100 gallons at a time and throw in a big bottle of marvels because the new fuel is too dry for my old injectors???
At least that's what I read on several different diesel sites??? So I only use fuel from my storage tank which is filtered.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Picked up the old girl today :)

Took her for a short drive and headed to supper.
The guy never found anything wrong???
He's actually thinking I fixed it, but got air in the oil system blocking the injectors from firing???
With all his testing and checking stuff, it purged the air and it finally fired???
The more he ran it, the easier it started, and the smoother it ran???

Oh well, here's hoping the old girl is back to normal!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for all the help Guys.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

No clue, but he did say when he checked the new IPR I installed it had a chunk of something on the plunger???
So he cleaned it and it's been running smoother the more he drove it.
All I know for sure is it cost me $600, and it drove 2 miles :)
Heading to the cabin tomorrow, and maybe down to Clifton to put some miles on her Saturday??
If it runs good all W/E I'll probably throw the 5th wheel back in Monday, and try towing the trailer around close to the shop just in case??

So hopefully it's good enough for now.
He did say the injectors are a little sloppy when cold.
That's why it smokes so much on start up, they are running too fat???

Of course all of a sudden the A/C is a little warm :(
As usual, it never ends.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Thanks, I just googled them and they have a ton of products for us.

I still have 5 bottles of the CRC stuff, but I will definitely try them out if the truck lives that long.
Like I said, all of a sudden the damn A/C compressor isn't engaging :(
Plus the damn fuel filter light came on as I was driving down to my shack???

I'll pick up some thinner oil for the winter next time I head over to farm & fleet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info