where have all the touchless washes gone?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
There is the Busy Bee car wash at the corner of Higgins and Golf. Takes cards so its easy to roll up and do a quick rinse. Then I drive home and do a regular 2 bucket hand wash.
https://goo.gl/maps/Hp5DxPT69x22

I use it when there is just too much crap on the car to hand wash it without a serious rinse first.

I also use it during the winter when I won't touch the car with a mitt. I'll just spray it down with the soap spray, then rinse with filtered water.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
There is the Busy Bee car wash at the corner of Higgins and Golf. Takes cards so its easy to roll up and do a quick rinse. Then I drive home and do a regular 2 bucket hand wash.
https://goo.gl/maps/Hp5DxPT69x22

I use it when there is just too much crap on the car to hand wash it without a serious rinse first.

I also use it during the winter when I won't touch the car with a mitt. I'll just spray it down with the soap spray, then rinse with filtered water.

Ive used the brushes there. They are actually not bad. I use the soapy wash on them first to get all the dirt and stuff off before it touches my car.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Ive used the brushes there. They are actually not bad. I use the soapy wash on them first to get all the dirt and stuff off before it touches my car.

Those cloth brushes are full of grit from all the other cars that dont rinse theirs off first. Friends dont let friends use brush car washes. I refer to them as "the scratchers".

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
Rt. 62 wash and lube over by Harper college is a 100% touchless wash, with a hand towel dry at the end.

Do they use a fresh towel to dry every car? If not, the touchless doesn't matter since they're still wiping your car down with a dirty towel at the end.

Hence why I was the brushes with the soap spray before it touches my car.

You can wash those brushes out all you want, still swirly.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Do they use a fresh towel to dry every car? If not, the touchless doesn't matter since they're still wiping your car down with a dirty towel at the end.

You can wash those brushes out all you want, still swirly.

I believe they use a fresh towel on every car. I've had the same concerns as you, but you can see the dry guys at the end of the line. They have washing machines going with dirty towels going in and clean ones coming out.

I took my black car there for over a decade, never found a scratch that I could have attributed to their wash or drying process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info