25% off all Yeti Coolers - Ace hardware.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
So went to ace yesterday they had a sign 25% off all yeti coolers if you sign up for their rewards program. No idea if they are ditching the brand from their store or what the situation is. Yeti shit is MAP priced and doesn't EVER go on sale. Anyway, I've been eye balling a Tundra 65 for awhile. Reg price is $399, got it for $299 total plus tax. This was at the roselle location. Not sure if it's all stores or just this one. Figured you boat guys might be interested.

2fce3eee1639b377e66452ed1be48677.jpg

b67c88c7d73a5c54f4bb0843a307b15c.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
if you want to drop that coin, the rewards program is free and if you spend enough there you get cash back. My guess, they are closing out those SKU's because low demand. They probably sell more tumblers than coolers. Coolers take up a lot of real estate, a $350+ cooler next to the basic <$100 ones is gonna be rough. Also, Yeti was added as a vendor recently, but not all the Aces carry them.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
FWIW i was at a friend's pool drinking all day, and after 3+ hours in the direct sunlight on a 90* day this guy's yeti mug still had as much ice in it as he had put in that morning. The lid was clear and the sun was shining straight in it...i didn't even think that was possible. Then he told me it was a $50 mug and i said no ty

if their coolers are anything like that mug was, you could probably cool a 24 pack with a fistful of ice. I'll never know because i'm not spending $50 on a mug or $300 on a cooler though. Lol

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The rtic water bottles and tumblers perform just as well for a fraction of the cost. Hard to find right now because they're redesigning the whole line. I'm thinking they may have gotten hit with patent infringement from yeti because the new ones look a lot different.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I have a Yeti 20 quart that I have on the rzr. Sits right above the engine. I'm the only guy that has ice left after a day of riding. Sometimes we stay where we have little or no access to ice, so the food and beer has to stay cold for a extended weekend. Hence the need for such coolers.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yeti coolers are typically not for the person who uses a cooler a couple times a year. It is for outdoorsmen and professionals. People who are off the grid for days or weeks at a time. Where keeping supplies, food and hunted/fished meat cool until the end of the trip.

They work great with normal ice. Imagine it with a small amount of dry ice. The fact that most of the parts are incredibly sturdy and easily replaced make it attractive to some as well.

I have a 30oz. Yeti tumbler that works great. But I also have some RTC and Magnum Steel tumblers that are much cheaper ($15 vs $30) and seem to work just as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info