Car accident - Totaled or Nah?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Unfortunately the wife was in a car accident yesterday and Id like to hear any advice from anyone thats been through this, someone rear-ended her going at a pretty high rate of speed. It is a pretty cut and dry situation as far as fault is concerned, the person that hit my wife was cited for failure to avoid an accident.

My wife's car is a 2017 Chrysler 300S that we just recently bought in march, there is a lot of damage to both vehicles, she was hit and then the impact pushed her into the car in front of her, Im leaning towards believing that there is some structural/frame damage based on what I saw and that makes wonder... IF the insurance company tries to repair the car how do I make sure that there isnt any permanent unseen damage to the frame?
given that the car is almost new the insurance company is more likely to try to repair rather than replace.

As I see it the following is all fucked:

*Rear bumper
*Rear parking sensors
*Trunk
*Tail lights
*Rear crash bar
*Rear quarter panel is tweaked/rear right door wont shut right.
*Sheet metal under the trunk/gas tank
*Front bumper
*Front grille
*Front parking sensors
*Front fog lights/brackets
*Front crash bar
*Exhaust

So what say TCG? total loss or not?

Kq5mdUY.jpg

ezQlksD.jpg

4xf7IVj.jpg

Qj0X9LK.jpg

sxvsBrd.jpg

aliUSuw.jpg

dAyN0WM.jpg

qYTE2cS.jpg

front end:

PImgQrt.jpg

dGKq7Uv.jpg

4wSZmgR.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I'd expect it to be totalled. If they do repair it, it will be considered to have frame damage for anyone appraising the vehicle. This would significantly impact the potential trade in value. If they don't total it, be sure to ask them about "diminished value" and how they plan to compensate you for the loss in value of the vehicle when it comes time for you to sell it.

Also: Glad your wife is okay

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Judging by the seam at the rear door and the height of the impact I'd say it's totaled due to frame damage. They're still going to have to do an estimate to be sure but from my estimating experience I'd be leaning towards a total loss because of frame/structural damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info